gas poker bayonet fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again, I followed up on brilliant websites suggested but although they supplied the poker blade and the hose NO-ONE seems able to supply the actual bayonet fitting that goes on the end ! Can anyone help ?!! I've searched google and having spoken to lots of companies the verdit is that the UK manufacturer who originally made and supplied these closed in Nov 08. I've tried ebay but no luck so far.
Do you have one or know anyone who no longer has a use for one ?! Or any more ideas ?
I'd really appreciate any more leads...
Many thanks
Amanda

Sponsored Links
Can you supply a picture of the outlet and bayonet fitting?

If you can't go the natural gas route, I think you can fix these gas pokers (to light an open fire) to a calor gas regulator valve (the one that sits on top of the gas bottle.) Just cut the end off the rubber hose and slide it on the male fitting, tightened with a jubilee clip. The small portable bottles are the best obviously, for ease of use.

That sounds totally non CORGI !

There was an interesting article in th CORGI mag a while ago about Indian restaurants that used some kind of poker to "burn" the nans. The writer had a bit of a problem because he admitted that they were not covered by any gas regulations!

Tony

Sponsored Links
If you can't go the natural gas route, I think you can fix these gas pokers (to light an open fire) to a calor gas regulator valve (the one that sits on top of the gas bottle.) Just cut the end off the rubber hose and slide it on the male fitting, tightened with a jubilee clip. The small portable bottles are the best obviously, for ease of use.

Dont use jubilee clips on LPG.

Catering industry is very vague Tony, have headaches on a daily basis with it.

I went to do a boiler repair in a certainly Gentlemans Dinner Club frequented by Lords and MPs.

The problem was a gas valve turned off in the basement where the kitchens were.

I noted and unofficially advised that I thought that in a commercial kitchen there should have been some form of slam shut valve to turn off the gas in case of emergency.

However, later enquiries seemed to indicate that whilst this was good practice, there seems to be no legislation to determine when this is required or not and when a simple lever valve is adequate and when an electrically held open valve is required with a cut off switch outside the kitchen.

Tony

Er, my camping gas cooker uses jubilee clips on the hoses, as suppled by the manufacturer. What should be used?

A veritable minefield Tony.

Would of classed as NCS, requires upgrade following CAIS 23.

I went to do a boiler repair in a certainly Gentlemans Dinner Club frequented by Lords and MPs.

The problem was a gas valve turned off in the basement where the kitchens were.

I noted and unofficially advised that I thought that in a commercial kitchen there should have been some form of slam shut valve to turn off the gas in case of emergency.

However, later enquiries seemed to indicate that whilst this was good practice, there seems to be no legislation to determine when this is required or not and when a simple lever valve is adequate and when an electrically held open valve is required with a cut off switch outside the kitchen.

Tony

WILL YOU MARRY ME?

I cannot stand all the grease and cockroaches in commercial catering so thats why I dont do it!

Its bad enough the domestic boilers in Southall with rats and mice and cockroaches!

Tony

Er, my camping gas cooker uses jubilee clips on the hoses, as suppled by the manufacturer. What should be used?

Sorry Swidders, did'nt see your post.

Not saying worm drive clamps cant be used, 'O' clips are better especially the double "eared" ones.

Your average Cockroach, German or American is mostly found in the Chinese from my experience, Bengali some larger things :eek:

Put card on the floor for kneeling and lying on, as for grease on hands:cool:
Know all the best places to eat and they all know me. comes in really handy with the wife away so much.

Not saying worm drive clamps cant be used, 'O' clips are better especially the double "eared" ones.

Is this because the embedded grooves on jubilee clips can't guarantee 100% contact? Just curious and thanks if anyone can be bothered to reply to this little sideshow.

Second, this emerency cut-off button for gas supplies is a standard feature in (refurbished) school labs. Am surprised that it's not on the statute books. Thank heavens Softus isn't around to tear to shreds this paragraph! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back