Installation Regs for Gas Cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are in the middle of having a new kitchen fitted. The cabinets are from IKEA, which do not lend the benefit of a void behind the back-panel to hide pipework etc.

The CORGI guy who is going to fit the new cooker has already been and removed (and capped) the old gas feed last week (to allow new floor/flooring to be laid).

The problem we face is that the kitchen fitters (who are fitting the kitchen over the next three days) need to know if any of the back panels need to be customised with side walls routed to create a void to accommodate the new gas pipe and bayonet fitting.

The CORGI chap is currently on holiday (St Lucia!!) until 8th March and is not scheduled to come back to lay the new pipe/connection until 10th March.

In short, can anyone advise us of where the bayonet fitting should be in relation to the cooker? In particular, height off the floor, distance from side of cooker and so on.

The manufacturer's installation guide states a rubber flexi-hose (supplied) should be used.

Any advice, as ever, gratefully received.

Onions.

Sponsored Links
Yes there are set areas in corgi manual for bayonet to be fixed, but as always manufacturers instructions prevail. A lot of cookers will have a recessed area that will allow the bayonet to fit in this area only eg cannon. Check again that the instructions do not give this area dimensions

manufacturers instructions usually say where the bayonet shoud be fixed to the wall in relation to the cooker.

not really a great deal more we can say about this without seeing it.

edit: too slow :LOL:

Thanks chaps, the installation guide states "installers should take due account of the provision of the relevant British Standards" and so on, without giving more detailed guidance.

There would appear to be sufficient clearance behind the cooker itself to allow for the fitting and fixings.

But, if I'm wrong, I'll have to remove the cabinets I'm about to pay to have installed.

I hope I make the right decision!!!

Thanks again,

Onions.

Sponsored Links
Make sure you use a straight wall plate connector for the bayonet and nOT the often usual outside tap angle type. This will allow cooker to push back further.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back