Gas Cooker Hose

i see......so we have moved on from the previous points which you have ignored to completely new ones then. :confused:

So you obviously think a 20 mbar tightness test will find a leak in a compression fitting.

no. a tightness test is not done to "find" anything. a tightness test is performed to prove or disprove that an installation is sound within a certain set of parameters. if it fails any of those, then i can go and "find" the leak using whatever method i deem suitable. (be it soapy or match clf) :LOL:

whether or not those parameters are correct was never clearly brought up until now.

12 bar (something you might not be too familiar with)

whether or not im am familiar with 12bar is not relevant. the statement itself is confusing anyway as anyone who knows what 1 bar is will know that 12bar is 12 times 1bar.

may not even find a leak in a fluxed up joint. A few weeks down the line and the joint drys and hey presto a gas leak.

ive never fallen foul of this phenomenon before. perhaps my judicious use of flux on my soldered joints has thus far prevented the issue arising. ill be sure to look out for it in the future.

Shows how much you know.
Who,s talking out of their a**e now ???

im not sure what this goes to show other than proving that you are the foulmouthed blowhard you have shown yourself to be in the past. i know more than enough to do my job safely and within the scope of the regulations. anything i dont know i would be sure to check up on.

Sponsored Links
clf-gas said:
Balenza said:
Soggy wrote

20 millibar is not the pressure used on testing all gas installations.

So Balenza.... what is it?

Hmmn now lets see :rolleyes:

clf-gas wrote

Congratulations soggy you seem to have stumped the diyer ****.

Thats what you think. ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: your searching for it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Heres a clue has somthing to do with IGE/**/* ;)

Whats the point of answering his question ?.
You would just say I got the info on another forum anyway. :rolleyes:

Balenza wrote
Whats the point of answering his question ?.
You would just say I got the info on another forum anyway.

I would'nt, trust me :evil: :evil: I would be assured you had a clue what you was typing about :LOL: :LOL:

NO GO ON.

A stength test = **mb.....?

A tightness test = **mb...?

Answer the above and state your credability ;)

nickso wrote

ive never fallen foul of this phenomenon before

Its not a "phenomenon".
Its what can happen when a fluxed joint is not soldered and also one of the reasons why some rgi,s never trust a diyers piping skills.

Sponsored Links
A phenomenon (Greek: φαινόμενo, pl. φαινόμενα) is an observable event

Sorry to but in to this entertaining debate but i think it could well be a...... "phenomenon"..... literally ;)

Balenza said:
nickso wrote

Its not a "phenomenon".
Its what can happen when a fluxed joint is not soldered and also one of the reasons why some rgi,s never trust a diyers piping skills.

Quite true Balenza,this is why we tightness test before and after any work on gas pipe work or appliances, disturbed joint and all that.

Please amuze me with answers to above questions :D

TRY, Erm!, IGE/UP/1
................IGE/UP/1A and so on

A stength test = **mb.....?

IGE/UP/1A states -
82.5mbar or 2.5 times the maximum operating pressure, whichever is the greater.

A tightness test = **mb...?

If the pressure in the installation exceeds 23mbar,and no gas flowing,it is possible for the regulator valve to be forced on its seating("lock up").
When tightness testing this would isolate the section of pipework from the meter governor back to the emergency control from the test, the specific test pressure of 20mbar is given.
On installations fed by a supply between 75mbar and 2 bar without a test valve between the regulator and the meter the specific test pressure of 19mbars is given and a let by test is required for both the meter control and meter regulator.

Thanks Balenza for amuzing me, see you do have the Knowledge ;)

If you do decide to come out of unemployment you could train as an installer and no one would need to get anywhere near your house, you could put it all right yourself.

Get yourself a digital manometer to two decimal places though, it saves a lot of time on testing :LOL: ;)

Balenza said:
nickso wrote

Its not a "phenomenon".

quite apart from what scatman has already said about the word phenomenon, i didnt actually realise your entire argument about soldered joints being unsafe was actually about joints that hadnt been soldered at all.

we could have saved a lot of time if i had as i would have been able to tell you to stop talking tripe alot sooner.

Balenza,

Firstly, (in fact this isnt the first time ive asked) how do you pressurise your systems on installation? Oh...mental note...you dont know.

AND, what practise due you use on Gas pipework to ensure no leaks will ever occur after installation.

I have pressure tested a system to 15 bar (thats a 1.25 times greater pressure than your magical 12 bar BTW).
WOW i think I now know what 12 bar is.

And guess what..no leaks until a carbon deposit on Cu (thats copper) tubing was washed away 3 weeks later by the hot water in the heating system.

Your expressing a individual belligerent view that has no substance, and challenging people with infinately more knowledge than you.

I would love to insult you, but me (and all the experts on here) really dont think your worth it.

Dave

Dave, mate, NO! mate, come away, NO! leeeeeve 'im mate, leeeeeeeeeve 'im, he ain' wuuurrf i'.

Softus said:
Dave, mate, NO! mate, come away, NO! leeeeeve 'im mate, leeeeeeeeeve 'im, he ain' wuuurrf i'.

Totally agree with you softus ;) Just had to say my piece. A spades a spade with me, straight to the point.

As I said I am not going to even 'recognise' him when he replies etc :rolleyes:

Soggy_Weetabix wrote:
I have pressure tested a system to 15 bar (thats a 1.25 times greater pressure than your magical 12 bar BTW).
WOW i think I now know what 12 bar is.

And guess what..no leaks until a carbon deposit on Cu (thats copper) tubing was washed away 3 weeks later by the hot water in the heating system.

Weren't we talking about gas?

It's probable that the same deposit on a gas pipe would have remained sound ad-infinitum.

Whilst you all seem to be ganging up on this Balenza character, you are skipping over the obvious point that, whilst the regs don't require it, pressure testing installations with air to 12/15 bar would uncover more poorly soldered joints than low pressure testing and there's no reason not to do it should you feel inclined so long as appliances are isolated etc.

Just thought I would try and get a word in

remember me I was the original poster of the Thread before it all degenerated into who was the best of the best of the best

I am sure that some of you know what your on about and others well errmm best not said realy.

I have learnt a lesson don't post questions on this forum and I should just stick to being an electrician, go on get it out of your systems yes I know all about part poo before you all go of on one again

Oh yes the main topic.

thanks for all your help fellas it has taken longer to read all your replies than it did to do the job Got a CORGI plumber to connect the rubber hose to the cooker today 15mins Tested and certified as working job done Legaly

Message for Balenza

life is too short mate

and the rest of you

use stronger coffee.

Cheers

Dave300968

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back