gas pressure - consumption

Sponsored Links
Would you boil a kettle 24/7 just in case you wanted a cup of tea?

Is that supposed to be an anology! :rolleyes:

An anology of the situation would be an urn contaning a couple of gallons of water - I suppose would you would switch if off after making your cuppa.

I'm sure someone who knows what there talking about will respond.

Yawnnnnnnn :rolleyes:

Also do you think it more economical to run CH 24/7, rather than couple of hours in the morning and 5-6 hours in the evening.
There is no hard and fast answer to that question. It all depends on the heatloss of the house and usage. Most fuel is used up getting the house up to temperature from cold, maintaining the set temperature takes less - a bit like a car: acceleration wastes fuel as you have your foot down; once you get up to speed you can ease back on the throttle.

What type of thermostat/programmer do you have? If you are out a lot of the time, an optimizing programmer would be useful as it automatically adjusts the turn on time, according to the temperature, so the house is up to temp when you get home.

Its always cheaper to run your heating for less time!

The wasted heat is when the house is hot. The less time its hot then the less wasted heat.

During your heating times the boiler being on all the time is a bit more efficient, perhaps 7% ?

Only heat the house for the minimum period.

Tony

Sponsored Links
D_Hailsham and Agile,

I have a standard honeywell programmer, analogue room stat and analogue frost stat.

Last night had the heating on for 5 hours and use 55kw of gas.

Checking last years bill (dec to feb) when the heating was on 24/7 I had an average consumption of 137kw a day - does that seem right for a load of 10kw?

I have an internal frost stat set on 15C, would it make sense to raise this to say 18C, to avoid the "acceleration" period.

I set it at 15C to maintain a minimum internal temp of 15C if the house is unoccupied during the winter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back