Gas Rates Cross reference chart

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: Oh come on, calculating takes all of 90 seconds, it'd probably take longer to dig out your chart

also...

do any of you gentlemen know where there is an image on the world wide web?

once again - thankyou

I've seen many 'images' on the world wide web but I doubt I'd be allowed to post them here... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

fits quite nicely, in my little folder as it goes.

and i actually feel more confident using the chart, less likely to make a mistake than i may do if i calculate it

Sponsored Links
It'll get ya one day with the E6's and the new electronic etm's ;)

thanks for the advice, hopefully i will be savvy enough to do the calculations carefully when i need to

no.

do you

i do think it is less confusing doing the calculation rather than looking at the chart especially when you need to split your reading into 2 then add them (if the exact reading isnt in the chart)
whereas i :take a reading, burn the gas for 2mins, take 1st reading from 2nd multiply by 30 multiply by 10.76 then divide by 1.1 to give me net HI in KW or
time how long to burn 1cu ft, multiply by 3600 by 1040 divide by time taken, divide by 3412 to give HI kw
i just seem to have remembered these calcs so using them is not a prob :LOL:

(0's then) 1.000 on the display, the decimal point is always 3 digits from the right.
Measure the usage in 2 minutes, using the rightmost 3 digits. Remember it might go past zero. You'll have an answer like
0.XYZ cubic metres.
Multiply that figure by 321
That's how much you're using, in kW.
So if you've used
0.085 cubic metres in 2 minutes, that's 27.3 kW
FAQS...

(0's then) 1.000 on the display, the decimal point is always 3 digits from the right.
Measure the usage in 2 minutes, using the rightmost 3 digits. Remember it might go past zero. You'll have an answer like
0.XYZ cubic metres.
Multiply that figure by 321
That's how much you're using, in kW.
So if you've used
0.085 cubic metres in 2 minutes, that's 27.3 kW
FAQS...

This is all very educational, and highly interesting :LOL: but how do you doitall when the appliance is still in the box :rolleyes:

At the ACS center I went to a while ago they required that you calculated the gas rates and showed the working!

But at the show they gave me a key fob with the data on it!

Tony

Where you just visiting that centre or actually getting the qualifications req.
The reason they ask you to work it out is to prove you know the formula and are not coming on some DIY site etc and listening to wrong informtion and taking it as gospel as happens on this site.

A while ago are you sure that should not say recently

How long is "recently" and how long is "a while" ?

I did write "recently" first and then changed it to "a while".

Tony

Don't you carry the gasfitters' bible with you? Orange corgi book or viper version?

I have looked in both those books ( as well as the Gas Safe version of U/S Sits ) but find no definitions of "recently" or a "while".

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back