Gas Safe or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, wondering if someone could clear this up for me. Do you have to be gas safe registered to alter a flue on a boiler? it would be done correctly taking all the correction factors into account ie. length, any elbows, correct baffles etc.

Sponsored Links
Hi, wondering if someone could clear this up for me. Do you have to be gas safe registered to alter a flue on a boiler? it would be done correctly taking all the correction factors into account ie. length, any elbows, correct baffles etc.

YES

This is the most dangerous part to the boiler

Q) Can you define competence?

GasSafe look on it as it as passing relevant ACS qualifications at a recognised training centre and being,well, GasSafe registered (and subject to inspections etc)

So, I would argue that yes one does need to be 'competent' (as above) to work on a Gas Appliance, and the flue system deffo counts as part of the Gas appliance.

DH now steps back as the hordes of 'competent' DIY'ers claim otherwise....

Sponsored Links
SO, four out four say, YES you do need to be GS registered.

Sheeeeez this one ran for weeks on SF.com as I recall.........

Anyone spoilin' for an argument?

DH

i'll bite! if you go purely by gas regs you only have to be competent, which they define as having ACS. without that minimum then no way. however, unregistered you may work on appliances as long as it is not as a business or as part of a business. ie if you take money for the work you break the law. even if the work is done free you are still liable for complying with every regulation and you are still responsible for working to acceptable standards.
It's as clear as you like in gas regs, reg 3 (and guidance).

read wet feet

That's not fair!
How can he argue with a statement of fact? ;) :LOL: :LOL:

dextrous, your demonic logic indicates you have sobered up a little

i'll argue with you
"i think you are fuc***g ugly"
over to you

Kirk, No argument! ;) if you saw my mugshot on my GasSafe card You would not let me past the front gate much less into your home..... Britains 'most wanted' does not do it justice.

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back