Gas safety check again.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just one more question i had a landlords gas safety inspection on a gas hob and a condensing boiler not a service just an inspection and he took the burner pressure which was ok and gas rated it and this was also ok .

But he did not use a gas flue analyzer is this good practise or not.

Sponsored Links
If he managed to take the burner pressure then that would indicate the boiler is likely to be of Band B efficiency. These tend to be older generation boilers with an additional heat exchanger added to up the efficiency. Since the burner is of conventional design it is easy to assess correct combustion and I would say combustion analysis is not usually necessry. It may be good practice but there's little money in gas safety checks.

However if the boiler is Band A then l would say FGA is a requirement. Some manufacturers also quote pressure readings to determine if a service is required...these must also be taken since viewing the heat exchanger is not easily visible. Unless there is evidence to the contrary or the boiler is fairly new I assume Band A boilers will require a service.

I hope he inspected the condense trap and pipework.

What boiler make/model :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back