Safety Check Weirdness

Earth. This runs to ground outside of the kitchen. He tells me that although this is only NCS for a gas check, he is a qualified electrician. He then tells me that the hob should have a 3 amp fuse on it, and to install the fuse, he will have to re-route the gas earth.
The earth is an NCS. No work required.
His problem with the earth made no sense in the first place. Presumably the bit outside the kitchen is the earth rod and it's a TT system, but that's none of his concern.
He may be concerned about bonding of the incoming gas supply, but all he can do is advise you to contact an electrician who can then test if the internal gas pipe is extraneous or not, and bond if so.
If on the other hand he is saying that the gas bond happens outside rather than inside, this is ok as long as the connection and cable is suitable for the environment. It should be at the point of entry whatever that means, but that contradicts the gas regs which say within a certain distance of the meter.
Either way it doesn't seem clear what he means.

Sponsored Links
I have sent three emails to Vaillant with pics asking them whether the flue is legit or not but not yet received a reply. It has been installed horizontally as per the manual and has never failed a check so I am assuming it is ok. Sent the same pics to Gas Safe. They aren't interested
you'll be lucky if they say its legit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back