Gas Solenoid Valve tripped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
New to the forum

I was wondering if I need to call out an engineer to sort a tripped gas solenoid valve or whether it can be sorted by following the a manual.

I don't want to do it if it should by law be carried out by an engineer for safety reasons

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
As that what I have been told ... what else could of happened as not getting any gas thru

Some more clues about boiler make/model/symptoms would help, although if it is gas related you will need to get a boiler engineer in

Sponsored Links
So it could be electrical which could be rectified by resetting ... don't mean to sound dumb lol

Do you have a credit gas meter and ran out of gas?

1. If you are talking about the gas valve inside the boiler (or other gas appliance), you need a gas safe registered engineer to sort it.
2. If you are talking about a solenoid operated gas valve outside the boiler, then:
2a. Only a gas safe registered engineer can touch any of the gas components.
2b. You might well be OK to sort out any electrical issues stopping the solenoid from activating, but you'd be well advised to get a professional to do it.
2c. You would, in my opinion, need a gas safe registered engineer to check the correct functioning and gas tightness of the repaired solenoid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back