GATSO FIXED SPEED CAMERAS

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 wrote:
Here's one: who do you tell about a roadworks where there's nobody working at the time, but their temporary traffic lights have broken down? (luckily, the roadworks where this has happened near me are only 5 metres long, and you can see oncoming traffic, so its only slightly dangerous! but what if it happened where the roadworks are quarter of a mile long? )

And OOI, how do those traffic light generators go on for fuel? how long can they last on a full tank of whatever they take?

contact local police. if necessary, they could have officers replace lights until someone comes out. id imagine they last a good week on a bottle of gas, and most have 2 bottles. the newer battery type last 5 days (or so ive been told)

er contact local police, but they will contact the highways authority who will arrange it. Funnily enough the police dont go around changing contractors traffic lights for them!

Thermo said:
er contact local police, but they will contact the highways authority who will arrange it. Funnily enough the police dont go around changing contractors traffic lights for them!

i said police, because they would have contact details for relevant authorities to get the problem sorted

dont want to be piccy at all old chap but you did say that they could have officers change the lights until someone comes out!

Still its the right answer just a different route! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
dont want to be piccy at all old chap but you did say that they could have officers change the lights until someone comes out!

Still its the right answer just a different route! :LOL:

by 'replace' i meant have an officer at each side directing traffic! not change them for new lights!

Crafty 1289 wrote:
Also annoying is the fact that Rotherham council seem to maintain that side of the road, where the gatso points, yet the other side is riddled with potholes, and there's nowhere you can drive without hitting the potholes, they are everywhere. Wonder if i could make them pay for my new suspension when the time comes . . .

Yes you can sue. Local Authority highways are responsible to see the roads in their area are free from potholes. If they hang out repairing the potholes tell them you will be getting your vehicle checked and any suspected suspension damage you'll be looking to them to pay for the replacement/s that get's em moving. A successful case won by a motorist . Drove into a pothole and damaged his front suspension.
JUST A LITTLE NONSENSE INFO
Road works unattended traffic lights: The gas bottles fuel the generator that tops up the batteries in the lights trailer. If the generator stops the lights should have at least 8hrs on the batteries. And it only takes one person to operate manually from the control panel. But in this case it seems the batteries were flat any way so nobody could operate them. A new unit would be required. Yeah! I know I'm babbling. I'm off.
Greengrass

:LOL: result - sort of. Rotherham Council "streetpride" dept have been out today spraying white lines where they are going to repair (hopefully). The road needs resurfacing though, they cant keep patching it up forever. I told them none of the roads in Doncaster are this bad!

Doncaster has a programme of resurfacing - every few years they spray new tar and gravel chippings onto certain roads - letting the cars flatten it down. They come back a week later and sweep up the excess gravel. It works. Keeps the road in tip-top condition. Why dont they do this everywhere? :eek:

I'd always wondered how those traffic light gennys worked - is there an internal combustion engine, run by the LPG / other gas? They make a funny noise - low chugging - doesn't sound like any engine i ever heard! :LOL: Didn't know they have batteries though - wonder why this one had flats :evil:

crafty1289 said:
I'd always wondered how those traffic light gennys worked - is there an internal combustion engine, run by the LPG / other gas? They make a funny noise - low chugging - doesn't sound like any engine i ever heard! :LOL: Didn't know they have batteries though - wonder why this one had flats :evil:

ive always thought the same. altho since there only powering a few lights they wont need a massive 60KVA genny...

i had a bad accident on a bicycle due to bad road ( pothole) it was 2 foot in diameter and 5 inches deep i came off the bike going downhill at 30 mph

road rash all over and spained both ancles

when i tried to claim of the highways authority i was told that they do 6 monthly checks on the roads and as there wasnt a problem when they last looked at this road they are not liable >>>

the hole was fixed 3 days after this ? what should i have done :?:

Slogger said:
i had a bad accident on a bicycle due to bad road ( pothole) it was 2 foot in diameter and 5 inches deep i came off the bike going downhill at 30 mph

road rash all over and spained both ancles

when i tried to claim of the highways authority i was told that they do 6 monthly checks on the roads and as there wasnt a problem when they last looked at this road they are not liable >>>

the hole was fixed 3 days after this ? what should i have done :?:

There's a time limit from when they are made aware of a danger site like this to when they have to repair it (not sure but I think it's about a week). If you could prove that they knew about it a certain time before the accident then you would have a valid claim.
As it stands, I reckon you deserve what you got for going that fast on a pushbike anyway. ;) Only teasing.

Sponsored Links
Back