Gcol / Moz comments please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, we could soon be out of a job if this takes off :rolleyes:

Just waiting for the one for direct tiling onto chipboard to come out ;)

Jason

Sponsored Links
Jason are you sure you've got that link correct? It just goes to a few pics of bathrooms. If it is correct - I don't follow. :confused: Are those walls done in plastic panels or sommat?
Incidently, I hope you didn't do the painting in pic 3. :LOL:
Also, I thought I'd mentioned, I don't tile for beer money any more.

Try it now, looks like good stuff

The client was going to do the painting, still not been done 4 years later :!:

Jason

I wouldn't lose any sleep over that stuff Jason.
I wouldn't like to slam the bathroom door if the tiles had been put up with that gear. :rolleyes: It's just wrong.

Sponsored Links
So you don't think it will be anygood for those 1000x300 large format porcelain wall tiles then :LOL:

Spacers look good - provided your wall is dead flat- not.

Would like to see what it costs, probably 4.99 a tube

J

Jasonb said:
So you don't think it will be anygood for those 1000x300 large format porcelain wall tiles then :LOL:
he he he erm not really.
Jasonb said:
Spacers look good - provided your wall is dead flat- not.
Exactly - you can just imagine em slipping behind the tile.
Jasonb said:
Would like to see what it costs, probably 4.99 a tube
All joking aside, this is gonna create a lot of problems for customers. There's not the necessary support for tiles in wet areas. As you say, the wall has to be perfectly fact - anything else will result in virtually no adhesive contact what-so-ever.
As if this wasn't enough, think how easy it'll be to crack a tile with no support behind it. :rolleyes:

ah but its probably been endorsed by tammy wolsh, and featured on an instant makeover programme, saving thousands and enhancing the value of the house by £100000000.

better come on the landscaping boys, ill get you a shovel! :LOL:

Paving was one of the things in my remit when I was self employed. It used to be my favourite job. Thermo, you're a lucky man. Good luck to ya. ;)

That stuff looks ridiculous, considering in a wet area you're supposed to aim for 100% coverage and 75% in dry areas, that stuff looks like you'd get 20% coverage at best!!

I'm sure I saw something in a magazine once about a guy that was trying to start selling tiles with the adhesive already on the back, just had a fi;m to remove first. Same sort of lines but the coverage looked better, as you say though the walls would need to be flat.

Even on freshly plastered walls I still had the odd bow to contend with!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back