George Best

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Poor Georgie is about to croke it and is on a life support machine and now unconcious, but the doctors say they wont give up and are pulling out all the stops.

Rumour has it that jbonding is on his way round there with a gallon of unibond and they are going to give Georgie 2 coats of pva.

That should sort him out. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well I hope they don't use the cheap stuff, fingers crossed for poor ole Geoge he's a national treasure ;)

Yes, he`s up there with Nelson, Churchill and Thatcher. :eek: Pickle him and preserve him in the Tate Modern

Nige F said:
Yes, he`s up there with Nelson, Churchill and Thatcher. :eek: Pickle him and preserve him in the Tate Modern

I think being 'pickled' has already contributed to his current state.

Sponsored Links
Yep, good luck Bestie !! Mooro is looking for an excellent forward in his Angels 11 ... You'll be right mate.

Said it before, when he was playing the fans got their monies worth..
I guess he is as vulnerable now as he was then .. extreme talent appears not to be an easy cross to bear. ... Wouldn't it be great to have a thrash at it tho'?
;)

I bet the person who died and gave him their liver is turning in the grave.

Either that or waiting for him to join them so they can kick his arse for not appreciating it. Ungrateful git :!: :mad:

Several months down on the farm would have sorted Georgey boy .. A good dowshing in fresh cow manure ... Pitching up wet bales of hay 8 high on a trailer .... Cider shandy and ploughman's doorstep bread and cheese ...
Mind you, I suppose if anyone was gonna be prone to 'bird flu' .......
;)

Poor old Bestie .. RIP

I bet that other UK STAR Ollie Reed is awaiting with a packed Heavenly bar ...(I did read one of the broadsheets this week that said "Best was a Devil an going to Hell ,Hurrah !(How disgusting !)"

well I only hope to God or the devil I follow this Quality footie Top Bloke...

an all this pious bullsh*t ...is quite sick , the liver he got was donated ,an if it went to another alkie who was not well known do we "wring our hands an be so sancitmonious as well " NO...
if bestie wasnt given an emergency liver transplant he would of died !!!!

yes he did carry on with his "Self Destruct =drinking "

(where if he was given support /help to change his ways maybe he would be fit an well ,he was let down by his family an friends ,Im an alkie an keep it together , but when it impinges on my loved ones I would get help !)

an now he is near death , are you happy now all the crass idiots ?

btw
lets hope these smarty arses lifes dont fall apart an they turn to drink ...

Moz said:
(where if he was given support /help to change his ways maybe he would be fit an well ,he was let down by his family an friends ,Im an alkie an keep it together , but when it impinges on my loved ones I would get help !)

HELP :!:
SUPPORT :!:

Is a new liver not help and support enough? What do you want? Someone to follow him around 24hrs a day and take every flippin alcoholic drink out of his hands? Dont be so ridiculus!

Dont get me wrong, (I wish no harm on any man Even you Moz ;) ) but the whinging sympathy is a little missplaced as it would be for anyone who you DONT know in the same situation.

I guess the toughest job in the world is deciding who gets the chance and who does not .. The more intensive the study of the individual the more reasons to deny.
I like a drink and a pizz up on occasion, but I don't know what it is like to have that overwhelming desire to drink most of the time .. Obviously a crippling illness.
I reckon if George opened his heart he would tell how he loathes himself for his situation .. No family bosom for him .. just ships that pass in the night, a sorry life .. money?? So what ?
Just a man with the child in his eyes.

But where do you draw the line at giving someone a nother chance? some people just dont want to be helped. Do you think that someone with a blameless liver faliure deserves a new liver less than a famous alcohlic who refuses to use this MASSIVE chance to recover that he was given? I admit that I dont know the facts and there may not have been another possible recipient but hypotheticaly how would you rate worthiness?

The liver problem is a by-product of the real illness ... Last person to admit to having a drink problem is the drinker, allegedly.

But what do you do? Worthiness ?? I'd take the easy route, children first ... But then who ?? End up going in circles, decisions have to be made and carried through..

Very true. My point is that I find it hard to feel sorry for him when he has been given a second chance and squandered it at the possible cost of someone who may have appreciated it more and am therefore annoyed to see people have quite such a sympathetic voice for him.

Actually it is good that we think about it ...
It is difficult to be sorry for Georgie, that is why I think the mental side should perhaps have been mandatory .. But then, how do you police that? No rejection treatment if he gave up on the mind job? Hard calls.

Sponsored Links
Back