Get those gripes out of the way before Xmas

Sponsored Links
DESL said:
because leaking water is obvious and often messy

Yes but no dies because of faulty plumbing!!!!

That is almost true. But when bad plumbing joint leaks the water dripping canbe seen, the stains in the ceiling are obvious and the wife moans so the husband doesn't ever do plumbing again.

But the electrical poor joint doesn't drip electrons so doesn't get noticed until it gets hot or otherwise fails. Until then the wife is quite impressed that hubby got the electrics right and this encourages more DIY electrics.

My Gripes

Customers who say

1 "Oh while you're here can you just.........."

2 We've just finished decorating and we'd like some wall lights/ extra sockets put in grrrrrr

3 Never had that trouble until you fitted that RCD thingy.

and finally laminate flooring upstairs!!!

Ah now that's better to get that off my chest

Sponsored Links
My turn.

Cor that's a bit expensive. REPLY Go get a pole then

It's always seems cheaper on the property programmes. REPLY They've never used me

How much for cash. REPLY That is for cash I'm going to add VAT to that

I intend to project manage myself. REPLY Goodbye

DESL said:
My Gripes

Customers who say

1 "Oh while you're here can you just.........."

I love that one :LOL:

..."yes I can but you will need to sign my daywork sheet"

"I thought seeing as you're here it would be free?"

..next time you're out shopping and at the last minute you remember you need some batteries ask at the checkout if they're free because you're already there buying something else :evil:

Customers whose reply to things you tell them is "Are you sure" - as if I'd have told them if I wasn't.

Whose reply to "Where is your CU....fuse box....electrcity meter...?" is "Dunno - do you need to see it?" - No, I was only asking in passing.

and, who, after sayng "I need it doing as soon as possible" then say, when I'm trying to bend my diary and suggesting appointment times "No, can't do it then...no, can't do it then....no, I go shopping that day....etc etc.."

Oh, and the one who phoned Friday lunchtime to tell me they'd bought new fittings in the Summer sales and could I fit them before Christmas as they are getting in the way.. :rolleyes:

Yep, and if they go shopping at 10AM every Thursday then that is when they go shopping and they can`t change these habits at all.

Can you fix my alarm, carpet fitter gone thru cable and I go on holiday tomorrow. when did he go thru cable, 6 months ago but I go on holiday tomorrow so it needs repairing today.

Mrs smith, where you want the lightswitch?
Just a minute urgent phone call, no engaged,
right where you want switch,
no wait urgent phone call, no engaged
Half an hour later

MRS SMITH WHERE YOU WANT LIGHTSWITCH, I want to start work today.
Just a min urgent phone call.
Hah its ringing this time,
Blah blah blah.
Right Malcolm your presciption will be ready tomorrow.

AGHHHHH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back