Getting woken up at night

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I'm a light sleeper and live in a quiet area.
Most nights vans will bump over a speed hump near front of house accelerate away and wake me up.
Anyone have any ideas please that help maintain sleep?
Earbuds keep falling out. Beer works, but sadly I can't drink every night ;)
Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I can listen to the en-suite fan all night!
Works for me and my tinnitus.

Edit: I don't know what I was thinking about to spell tinnitus wrong.......

Last edited:
I leave the radio on (world service) all night, it sort of masks intruding noises like a dog barking etc. It also sort of inspires dreams, I sometimes wake up with very odd dreams in my head then later in the day realise it was probably related to a news story or program that had been on.

So does an air-purifier with a small fan. Filters dust, pollen and small particles from the air.

Hey, I'm a light sleeper and live in a quiet area.
Most nights vans will bump over a speed hump near front of house accelerate away and wake me up.
Anyone have any ideas please that help maintain sleep?
Earbuds keep falling out. Beer works, but sadly I can't drink every night ;)
Thanks very much.
Use different ear plugs, don't buy anything off the highstreet, expect to go through half a dozen or so different types until you find some that fit well/don't fall out and actually provide some noise reduction. Typically they can only be used once and it helps to have clean ears before insertion. There are some incredible noise cancelling headphones (quite expensive though - the Sony XM3s) available but their usage at night depends if you're a side or back sleeper.

Sponsored Links
Back