Did anyone get any sleep last night?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It was still recording 26.3C last night at 2am, so as I sometimes do if I struggle to get off, I got up to take the dog for a walk. Off the lead, because there is not normally anyone about nor any vehicles on the move. All very silent, apart from sometimes the noise of a vehicle a mile and half away on the motorway. The silence last night was broken by giggles a few hundred yards away, then I later found the source - a girl of around 15 and a boy of around 17 streaking around the village.

The dog usually sleeps on the landing at the top of the stairs, when it's warmish, where there must be a rising air flow. The past couple of days and nights I have been running large cooling fans, which she has worked out help a lot. Last night I had the fan running on the bedroom floor and instead of her usual spot on the landing, she settled in the path of the fan. I woke at 5am and decided to switch the fan off with it's remote, her snoring gently, she woke up, noticed and complained.

Sponsored Links
yes - down to 18.6 last night. Still only 21 so have all the doors and windows open to try and cool the house down. (when outside exceed inside I will close everything) have a couple of sheets of kingspan I will clad the widows with.

Like two peas in a pod, we slept under the old apple tree in a hammock with the scent of Evening Primrose, Apple Mint and cut grass in the air, after watching wrens twisting and turning in the night sky catching bugs. I love summer nights.:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I have a small mobile air con unit -I put on in the bedroom for an hour before going to bed, it dropped the temperature down from 30 deg to about 25.
Its too noisy to have on over night, but it still makes a huge difference

current temperature outside here is 29 degrees (8.50am)

I couldn't sleep at all last night. Now I'm feeling sleepy!

Not much problem here. 36C yesterday outside and 24C max in the lounge. Bedroom would be a bit warmer. Lounge dropped to 23 overnight.

Thanks to a mention on the TV no problem telling people not to open all windows, back door etc when it's hotter outside.

:) So slept like a log and woke up a bit damp.

Not too bad for once. Kept the curtains and windows cloased all day, which probably helped.

First born's bedroom was warm, so she didn't do as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, fan was on all night. I think I even got under the duvet at some point.

I have a small mobile air con unit -I put on in the bedroom for an hour before going to bed, it dropped the temperature down from 30 deg to about 25.

Ceiling fans are good. You can keep them on through the night. Silent on lowest speed but not that noticeable even on the higher speeds. Gentle movement of air keeps it fairly comfortable even when v hot. We've got a couple of these. (except stainless)

Get yer 'sen some ear plugs. I find these block out a lot.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Back