Freaky

Sponsored Links
They used to put them out on ledges in Tibet, and let the vultures eat them. Too hard to dig the ground

They used to put them out on ledges in Tibet, and let the vultures eat them. Too hard to dig the ground

still do in India if u are in the parsee religion (platform not ledge though)

there was an article in the independent a good while back , they built a block of luxury flats on the vultures flight path when visiting the said burial
platforms. residents started to complain when the vultures would drop the odd human body part on there balconies/roofs when flying back to there roost's.

still do in India if u are in the parsee religion (platform not ledge though)

there was an article in the independent a good while back , they built a block of luxury flats on the vultures flight path when visiting the said burial
platforms. residents started to complain when the vultures would drop the odd human body part on there balconies/roofs when flying back to there roost's.
Oh dear, **** end is up to his fantasising again:
http://www.independent.co.uk/node/6669506
He has read something in the press and his imagination does the rest. But it was over two years ago. :rolleyes:
Katy Gundevia spent her final days in an apartment in one of Mumbai’s designated Parsi colonies, a few hundred yards away from the cavernous, circular wells where her community traditionally disposes of its dead.
No! Not possible. The area where these towers are located is about 54 acres.
But a verdant sprawl of 54 acres on the hill’s crest is not available for money of any heft or colour.
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/...k-vultures-threatens-mumbai-towers-of-silence

But an apartment was mentioned in the Independent article. No mention of body parts being dropped. Just the smell of rotting corpses, although whether the smell could be detected on the outskirts of 54 acres? Maybe **** end has an opinion. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Loads of times. I've got a graveyard at the back of my place, and used to have all sort of people wandering round my place after I moved in.

Site manager i was speaking with recently claimed to be a bit of a "Most Haunted"-type, with a variety of tales about what he'd seen, when, and where.
He did specifically say though that graveyards are about the least likely place for hauntings, ghosts, spirits, and the like; according to him, this sort of thing goes on around the place where the death occurred, or a place that brought great emotion to the deceased.
Reasoning that, as you're already dead before you got to the graveyard, the cemetery is of no consequence to your spirit.

(Caveat the above with "I don't have an opinion on this, either way".)

No you're actually right Brigadeer, people tend to stay around familiar places, and I never thought that they might be people that had been in the house before I moved in, just looked out at the graveyard one day, and though okay, fair enough.

My niece was about two, and she told her mother, about when she was with her other mummy, and when questioned further, described the other house completely, in sufficient detail that my sister was able to find it, but they'd never been there before.

How on earth did she find the house?

Do people think that perhaps young children are not very good at distinguishing dreams and actual reality?

Sponsored Links
Back