Did anyone get any sleep last night?

Sponsored Links
I have a small mobile air con unit -I put on in the bedroom for an hour before going to bed, it dropped the temperature down from 30 deg to about 25.
Its too noisy to have on over night, but it still makes a huge difference
A Noo noo!

When we first got the place in Spain it had one of those in the bedroom with the pipe that hangs out the window. Our daughter called it the Noo noo after the thing on the teletubbies. The name has stuck in our family ever since and we say it whenever we see one. Look it up.

Sponsored Links
Ceiling fans are good. You can keep them on through the night. Silent on lowest speed but not that noticeable even on the higher speeds. Gentle movement of air keeps it fairly comfortable even when v hot. We've got a couple of these. (except stainless)

If the air is cooler outdoors and very still, then I can put my large table fan on the window sill, with the open window to suck the cool air in. It was very still last night, but it was as warm out as indoors.

A Noo noo!

When we first got the place in Spain it had one of those in the bedroom with the pipe that hangs out the window. Our daughter called it the Noo noo after the thing on the teletubbies. The name has stuck in our family ever since and we say it whenever we see one. Look it up.
Yup, it’s a noo noo (y) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I did that down by the river in Lostwithiel when I was younger. I was the boy
Just remembering doing that in a mixed 4x4 trip group in a river under a glacier in Iceland. Hmmm.

Something like this one. Little bit chilly.
1658246348405.png

Last edited:
The dog usually sleeps on the landing at the top of the stairs, when it's warmish, where there must be a rising air flow. The past couple of days and nights I have been running large cooling fans, which she has worked out help a lot. Last night I had the fan running on the bedroom floor and instead of her usual spot on the landing, she settled in the path of the fan. I woke at 5am and decided to switch the fan off with it's remote, her snoring gently, she woke up, noticed and complained.

Opening the loft hatch will allow airflow as the hot air rises and escapes.

It can be very powerful if you have a window or door open downstairs.

When I got up at 5 today it was still baking hot outside so not enough temperature difference for a cooling flow when I opened the back door.

If you get flow with the loft hatch closed, review your draughtproofing

When I got up at 5 today it was still baking hot outside so not enough temperature difference for a cooling flow when I opened the back door.

If you get flow with the loft hatch closed, review your draughtproofing

I usually open the hatch and the loft window, though I forgot this time. The only flow with the window closed, is that of heat rising.

A Noo noo!

When we first got the place in Spain it had one of those in the bedroom with the pipe that hangs out the window. Our daughter called it the Noo noo after the thing on the teletubbies.
My 3 year old calls ours the 'Windy Robot'! :)
He woke up at 4:30 this morning due to the temperature - hence some random posts on here at an unreasonable hour!

Sponsored Links
Back