Glass Air Vent - Replace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an air vent on a glass in the bathroom and I need to have it replaced. (picture attached).

Can someone help me understand what this is called and what the best place is to buy one like for like?

sK5YrMK

Attachments

• IMG_5914.jpg
    IMG_5914.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 83
Sponsored Links
Rather than replace it, I would be looking to blank it off and add some proper bathroom ventilation in the form of an electric extract fan. The problem with the vent you have, is that they ventilate indiscriminatingly - there is no way to ensure whether the moist air is drawn out or blown in and they are open all of the time, making the room permanently much colder than it need be.

If you must replace it like for like, then this company sell them..........

https://windowware.co.uk/ventilation/glass-fitting-ventilators

I have an air vent on a glass in the bathroom and I need to have it replaced. (picture attached).

Can someone help me understand what this is called and what the best place is to buy one like for like?

sK5YrMK
air vents for glass windows . Google .

thank you both, for now, I just need to replace it. Are these standard dimensions or do I need to ensure I measure it? In order to replace it, do I need to access the window from the outside, or is it all done from the inside?

Sponsored Links
thank you both, for now, I just need to replace it. Are these standard dimensions or do I need to ensure I measure it? In order to replace it, do I need to access the window from the outside, or is it all done from the inside?

Measure it to be sure. They need access from both sides to install one - usually need two people, one outside, one inside - unless you can manage to pull the opposite side into place with a bit of string or similar.

to blank it off, what would be the best way to do that? replace the glass on the window all together?

I have been told the ventilator is broken / cracked

4” or 6” models, easy to replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back