Glow worm 30ci Plus -interface board parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

I'm having a problem sourcing a part for a Glow Worm 30ci interface board. We had an electrician come round to fit our cosy thermostat and he found that we needed a specific fitting to go onto the interface board, it appears to be a plug which covers three functions into the board; 1) external thermostat 2)external frost thermostat and 3) 240v supply which is optional.

Any idea where i can simply get the plug to go into this from ?

Sponsored Links
Why did the electrician not use the voltage free switching connections instead if you haven't got the 240v plug ?

I've no idea, is this something that can be done? He mentioned if he did wire up the cosy without this plug into the "options board" the heating would have to be on constantly in order to have hot water too.

I don't have the installation instructions for the cosy but cant see it being any thing more than a fancy switch, you would have hot water if the stat in connected or not, cant see why it could not be connected to the volt free connections.
Capture.PNG

Sponsored Links
In the instructions for the cosy it does say it needs a 240v feed so would this come from the fused external switch for the boiler?

I'm half debating doing this myself, if i follow instructions to the letter is this advisable?

Again not familiar with the cosy.
But I probably need 230v to power it but switching is volt free.

On the ci these 2 connections are outside the pcb housing.

For the 230 it can come from the boiler connections or the fused spur.

you need 240v AC to power the cosy unit then connect the volt free connections to T1 and T2 on the cosy

I am rarely impressed by electricians fitting ( or trying to fit ) boiler controls!

Right, update ******

I went and purchased the plug for the "external control PCB" then wired T1 to the external controls.

Nothing happened.
The instructions state no voltage should go through the voltage free controls. So a couple of questions.

1) When the cosy switch is connected to the mains, does T1 / T2 then carry voltage and so should T1/T2 be connected to the voltage free controls?
2) What are the external controls on the PCB board for if not for a thermostat?

Thanks in advance chaps

just wire it like I have already told you , you do not need the external control PCB, just supply 240V to power the cosy, then remove the link on the boiler and wire it into T1 and T2 on the cosy, voltage free means that the boiler will supply its own low voltage to the cosy switching terminals, and will come on when the voltage comes back , the cosy is just a switch a very smart one but a switch,

All sorted thanks for your help.

Works like a dream even with my amateur skills

so what did you do to eventually sort it ? it is always good to post back so later users that have the same problem can read the outcome

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back