Glow Worm 30Cx Flexicom Condensing Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please could someone give me some advice, this boiler has been recommended to me by British Gas. I wanted a combi boiler that would fit in a kitchen cupboard and this is the only one they do that would. Does anyone know of any others or is this a good boiler?

It has a cast aluminium heat exchanger and I have been told one with a stainless steel one is much better?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Get a local installer to give you a quote for the flexicom, he will do a much better job for half the price.

flexicoms are good value and compact but the ultracom is better albeit a little bit more expensive.

****ish Gas are conmen and extortionate, avoid them like the plague.

When I last looked that was the smallest boiler on account of the rear flueing option.

Most installers dont rate it very highly.

I would always say buy the best boiler and then get the kitchen.

Many householders get a boiler to fit in a too small space and then spend years regretting it!

Tony

if you really have to have it fit in a cupboard then i would look at the remeha advantas. they are the closest in quality to a vaillant that will fit in a kitchen cupboard.

Sponsored Links
Thank you Dangermouse46 I will get local installer to give me a quote. I looked at the quote again and it does not state the actual charge for the boiler just a total amount which is £4143 and that includes a special offer of £400 off. Maybe I will not go with ****ish Gas...that made me smile.

Agile, thank you too. I understand what you are saying and will look at a bigger boiler and try to work around it. My boiler and emersion tank are in my son's bedroom at present and I just don't like the boiler to be there...plus he could do with a little more room.

I have a Potterton right now it was here when we moved in and we also had one in my previous home and we have never ever had any trouble with them. I don't know if they do a Combi boiler but I will look and also look at the Worcester Greenstar...not sure which one yet but when I find one maybe I could get some feedback on them.

Thank you both very much for your time it is much appreciated.

Dont fall into the trap of choosing a boiler because an old one was reliable!

Different models have different reliability!

Think of the old Morris Minor 1000. One of the most reliable ( and simple ) cars ever designed. There are still many in use aroud the world after nearly 60 years! A firm in Leamington Spe reconditions them as new for about £17k.

But then there was the Morris Marina! Few were left after 10 years and I dont expect there are any left anywhere in the world unless there is a museum of great motoring disasters!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back