glow.worm 30cxi fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, im new to the forum, hoping somebody can help!, i have a fault on a glow worm 30 cxi, the heating works fine but the hot water doesnt, i replaced the flow sensor on the hot water, this rectified the problem for 2 days, then yesterday morning it stopped working again, the system pressure is fine, any advice would be welcome! as the glow worm technical helpine just dont ever seem to answer the phone! many thanks, Dafydd

Sponsored Links
Glowworm is now owned by Vaillant, which would answer the question why they don't answer the phone.

Bit hard to say what the problem is, if all you tell us is that the ch doesn't work, and changing the sensor didn't solve it.

thanks for the reply, sorry, the central heating does work, and always has worked, replacing the flow sensor (as advised by technical when i did manage to get through) did rectify the problem, but for only 2 days, which seems strange? thanks again

Turn on the heating and while the display is showing the flow temp, turn on the tap. Does the display switch to the bar pressure reading? Leave the tap running. what happens? green light on? Any warmth at all to the water. keep watching the display while the tap is running, maybe flash F14?

Sponsored Links
Turn on the heating and while the display is showing the flow temp, turn on the tap. Does the display switch to the bar pressure reading? Leave the tap running. what happens? green light on? Any warmth at all to the water. keep watching the display while the tap is running, maybe flash F14?

Hey Mickyg,

My Glow Worm 24cxi has been showing the exact symptoms you just mentioned.

Is there a solution to fixing this?

Many thanks!

Hey Mickyg,

Many thanks!

Plate to plate heatexchanger, Dhw heatexchager, secondary heatexchanger will fix that all one item just different ways of finding one on the net.

Hey Mickyg,

Many thanks!

If its flashing F14 then as above you need a new plate heat exchanger, or to clean out the existing one. Depending on what access you have at the boiler it may be a job for an RGI.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back