glow worm 55f

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I decided to run my central heating today only to find that the boiler won't come on no pilot no ignition , I had a spare circuit board and I fitted that , it made no difference any ideas would be welcome.
boiler type...glow worm 55f. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Any other model name apart from 55f?

Is it sparking?, pilot needs alot of cleaning on the fuelsavers and the air pressure switches sometimes need adjusting.

If the fan isn't running check the overheat stat hasn't tripped

Sponsored Links
Is it sparking?, pilot needs alot of cleaning on the fuelsavers and the air pressure switches sometimes need adjusting.

If the fan isn't running check the overheat stat hasn't tripped

It isn't sparking it just wont come on . no noise from boiler at all and the fan is not running.

if it was working fine providing h/w up until today, you tried the c/h & fault occurred why would you suspect there was a problem with the boiler ?

or perhaps you do not use it for h/w ?

if it was working fine providing h/w up until today, you tried the c/h & fault occurred why would you suspect there was a problem with the boiler ?

or perhaps you do not use it for h/w ?
We only used it for hot water until yesterday. I decided to put the central heating on today as it was getting colder in the house and nothing worked strange I know just can't understand this one.
No noises to go on to give me a clue whats wrong.

generally if nothing works at all the problem is straight forward.

1st question.
is there any sparky juice to boiler ?

generally if nothing works at all the problem is straight forward.

1st question.
is there any sparky juice to boiler ?
Thanks for your reply I will have a look tomorrow as I don't have my tools at home .
thanks again :D

Help
Can anyone tell me what voltage the fan runs at , is it 240 volts or what ?
:oops:

Thanks fan has bit the dust. :D :D :D
Replaced fan working fine.
The gas board had previously replaced this fan under contract the guy who did had only put one proper screw in to hold it on plus a self tapper which was holding nothing as it was to small and also broke the other capture nut.
Great job scottish gas??? . lucky I am an engineer and a well trained one unlike them. :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back