Glow worm Energy wiring

Sorry I haven't explained it properly, we have always had what looks like a blank electric socket where the wires from the controller run, and then in turn into the boiler, there are lots of wires in the airing cupboard to feed pump, valve etc. The only thing that is different now is we also have another wire/lead going into a nearby socket to provide a permanent live, which he said boilers now need , according to the manual which I am assuming he has followed, these are wired into the same block on the pcb, the part I'm confused with is what does the manual mean by a common supply, is this what he has done? I am assuming he has done it correct but as I said, he was a plumber not an electrician so I'm not 100% confident
would be easier for everyone if you had some pictures of the install/ wiring

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
These are the manual diagrams. The first shows the main electric supply

Attachments

• IMG_1193.PNG
    IMG_1193.PNG
    446.9 KB · Views: 160
This shows the wiring for the controller wires coming from the 'blank' which is only live when the controller is on.

Attachments

• IMG_1194.PNG
    IMG_1194.PNG
    319.8 KB · Views: 122
no the picture of your installation of what he has done as you've already accessed the pcb

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Really, all I'm asking, is it correct that the permanent live in the first picture is running to a plug in a normal wall socket?

Post a picture of what the plumber has done and we'll go from there..

I haven't accesssed anything, I just know he wired into the old 'blank' from the old boiler, and I now also have a lead into a socket which I never had before with my old Baxi non condensing boiler

It appears that more than one isolater has been used to isolate CH controls.

He has wired the live, neutral and earth from a socket into the main pcb, and then wired the controller (2 channel programmer) feed into the same block on the pcb, does anyone know if this is correct as the manual states 'provide one common supply for the boiler and the corresponding controller?
:)

Not sure what you are asking, I've described the wiring in the manual which he used, if you don't want to answer me then do 't, but please don't keep trying to prove I have done something that I haven't, because if I had then I would say so and send a photo through to the other person who asked me to

It appears that more than one isolater has been used to isolate CH controls.
Sorry that is completely over my head, I guess I will have to wait until the engineer comes out, just don't want a bill from them if it is something the guy has done wrong and is electrical rather then a boiler fault

So you've paid the plumber in full although the boiler isn't working??
Who supplied the boiler??

did he fill in the bench mark at the back of instructions book your holding ?
because the manufacturers will not fix the boiler if he hasn't

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back