GLOW WORM SWIFTFLOW 100 COMBI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a very early model with the constant pilot.

The fan and gas valve were replaced last year and now theres another problem, the flame is dropping out intermittently in both hot water and/or heating mode theres a loud clicking when this happens I assume this is the solenoid on the gas valve. The pcb has been checked for any loose connections all seems ok.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It rather sounds as if its overheating but you dont say if the pilot goes out.

We dont give DIY advice on gas/combustion issues on an open forum.

I would be very surprised if the gas valve really needed changing. They are very reliable! More likely as a result of an incorrect diagnosis!

I think my advice would be to get a competent gas reg engineer. But be aware that this is now a pretty old boiler and few will be very interested in repairing one!

They also need properly servicing every year as the constantly turning fan quickly becomes very dirty. If not cleaned then they become unbalanced and the bearings fail.

Tony

Thanks for that tony.

I am a gas safe engineer just need some help on this one, I have carried out several repairs to this boiler so far but this recent fault is a pain.

BTW the pilot stays lit , its as if there is an interuption to the gas valve of electricity!!

Steve

Sponsored Links
Check the thermistors, if the plastic bit looks like it is falling out of the brass bit change it/them.

Otherwise it's likely the PCB, particularly if it's the early version with the piggyback board.

Once you hear that click, the pilot should go out. I'm wondering if whoever worked on your boiler last has "doctored" your boiler. Either way I am betting your boiler is ID because it is overheating and that pilot must go out on that loud click

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back