Glow worm Ultracom2 Sxi update to weather compensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,

I know some guys are pro wheather comp and some anti so thought I would ask the below for my circumstances.

House is rented on a room by room basis with all bills included (so gas usage is not monitored by those who occupy). Now if I can get the Climapro, smart wiring centre and outdoor unit cheaply enough (ebay perhaps) then I was looking to upgrade to WC. However I have read on here that there are some bugs on an early firmware so not sure about purchasing as will glow worm come out to a RF 2 that was purchased on ebay) or can I update firmware myself?

System is a 30KW sxi ultracom 2 with megaflo unvented cylinder (so standard cylinder stat) on S plan. As I understand the climapro software is set to ramp up flow when DHW is calling for heat. So I will only benefit from the reduced flow temps after DHW is satisified.

My current room stat has 48 events per day so I have set for a fair temp (throughout set time periods) but this can be overrid by the tennants but only for .5 hour due to the granularity of the current programmer which is a good thing. How many events perday does the climapro2 support (temp increase decrease for the room stat).

I can see the potential to save money on usage with WC but it could be negated if the climapro 2 does not have enough events so it will setback if someone overrides. Obviously I will need to get the unit cheaply as it looks like the whole thing will cost over £200 to purchase (at retail prices) which will not make it wortwhile from a cost point of view.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bump

I have also read that the RF pro can adjust the flow temps on its own without weather compensation. Is this true? If so it may be the answer. If this is true am I correct in saying that it will not need the smart wiring centre as well. That way I get the advanatage of intelligent temprature control of the flow for CH demand which is what I am after (and hopefully without much capital outlay).

cheers

The number of time slots is configurable from 5 to 30.

Overrides are a little complex. You set an override end time when you start the override. You can also cancel the override at any time. I don't think it will cancel itself.

The external temperature sensor is entirely optional. The Climapro will modulate the heating flow temperature even without it. Or you can turn this off completely.

Sponsored Links
Thanks do you still need the smart wiring centre (I suspect not)? I think the only thing holding me back from getting it is if you manually increase room stat it should fall back to the next temp range when that kicks in. Have found the user manual online and yes it looks like the manual override you tell it when you want it to revert unless they have changed that function in a firmware upgrade. Shame as it is working like a holiday/ cleaning mode on other intelligent stats.

I can imagine the users of the house overriding and setting unreasonably high settings where as my Grasslin one you can just press temp up and it will temporarily overide till the next time period.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back