gloworm 18 si problems. please help.single dad going nuts.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
im new to all this. so if i just spill it all out. im a single dad with a six year old son. when i run his bath the water comes out the hot tap at a slow pace. when i turn the kitchen cold tap on the water comes out from the hot bathroom tap faster,but its cold.
i have a gloworm 18 si and every morning i have to use the tap under it ti fill it up as it has no pressure. the red light is flashing and it shows a 0 in the display. out side my house is a small copper(i think) pipe and water tricks out.

any ideas as it s sending me crazy,also i have limited cash so would it be easy to fix.

please help. thanks :cry:

Sponsored Links
You seem to have multiple faults and to fix them all will probably be quite expensive.

From what you have said I cannot get much of a fix on the underlying causes but they will have to be dealt with in turn and the situation then reassessed to see what remains.

Tony

cheers.

i colud put up with the slow running water, it s have to pressure rise the boiler all the time.
thanks any way mate

OK, first problem. Boiler PRV discharging. This is probably caused by the expansion vessel losing its charge. This can be recharged, quite easy on your boiler although technically the exp vessel is in the combustion chamber :confused: Instructions on recharging expansion vessel are in FAQ. At the same time you will need to replace/clean the PRV(pressure relief valve) see the service manual for instruction. When finished you will need to recharge the system pressure to 1bar cold.
I'm not sure if I totally understand your tap problem but sounds like you have a fault with your kitchen tap. Non-return valves fitted to the supply of the kitchen tap should solve this problem if I have understood properly.

All this work is potentially DIYable, if you want to tackle it, get yourself a copy of the boiler manual, do a few searches on recharging expansion vessels for more tips etc.
good luck.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back