glowworm leaking heat exchanger

• Thread starter persiamomolti
  • Start date
P

persiamomolti

There is a small leak on the heat exchanger, have tightened nuts and leak has been reduced but still a little weep, do these have rubber seals inside or anything, thanks.

Sponsored Links
well i try'd

computer-22.gif

Sponsored Links
I think wot kev is trying to say mate is that Glowworm have about 30 current boiler models on the market, possibly even more.

Last time I had a look at the little blue book of boilers (2005) there were over 1200 different boilers listed as being in use in the UK.

In short you need to narrow things down a tad to the specific model.

the two pipe connections to the heatex on these have rubber washers in them. could be knackered. ive tightened loose ones before with no leaking for years afterwards.

Thanks, it leaking from front, can see water weeping from beneath on one of nuts holding front on heat exchanger.

if its at the front then the rubber seal for the sump has degraded or worse the main seal around the burner hole is knackered.

get it looked at immediately before it gets worse and sets fire to the inside of the boiler. im not kidding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back