glowworm leaking heat exchanger

• Thread starter persiamomolti
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
good enough, safe enough, don`t do boilers obviously, thats why im asking, whats with all the bad attitudes?

from your prev post it dosnt come across that way :rolleyes:

i think the attitude is because to begin with ya gave very little info and the fault is a well known manufacturing defect with this boiler.
it is a easy job but it should of been done 4yr's ago! i personally change um every year on a service aswell..

ya best posting stuff like this in the combustion chamber pal

Sponsored Links
from your prev post it dosnt come across that way :rolleyes:

i think the attitude is because to begin with ya gave very little info and the fault is a well known manufacturing defect with this boiler.
it is a easy job but it should of been done 4yr's ago! i personally change um every year on a service aswell..

ya best posting stuff like this in the combustion chamber pal

Ok, thanks. Why should have it been done four years ago, i mean it wasn`t leaking then, As for the cc, I don`t know what you mean by that.

the cc is restricted access to registered guy's only, ya have to give um ya number and they will allow ya access. better for the tech stuff

it should of been changed years ago because the old rubber seals just disintegrated and allowed fumes and heat to escape which toasted cables/side of boiler etc. glowworm/valiant realised they was a prob and changed the seal to a graphite seal, but for some reason kept the sump sealed with a rubber seal - these still go about every 2yr!

It`s been serviced every year for the last 5 years, micky g, for your information the engineer who has been servicing it for 5 years is returning this week to do it again. Are they easy to replace, might just do it myself.

well I'd get someone else then who knows a bit more about the boiler. Seal should have been changed ages ago. Its reasonable for me to suspect a lack of servicing as plenty of other decent rgis would have sorted this and saved you a problem. As it is you just seem to be getting everyones backs up, not the best way to getting good advice.

You gaven`t offered any good advice mate.End of. If you are expecting a lot of simpering and fawning forget it. I`ll do the job myself and I might get back and tell you how it went. Combustion chamber, ha,ha, who dreamt that one up. :rolleyes:

You gaven`t offered any good advice mate.End of. If you are expecting a lot of simpering and fawning forget it. I`ll do the job myself and I might get back and tell you how it went. Combustion chamber, ha,ha, who dreamt that one up. :rolleyes:

Well here's some advice. If you change this seal yourself and screw it up, it can very easy to leave POC entering your property, if the gas valve is not set properly(likley given the service history) it can easily produce excessive levels of Carbon Monoxide. This is not scare mongering this is a fact. If you want to put yourself at danger then fine, but please make sure no one else lives in the house, its not fair they are also victims of your stupidity. Your absolutely right, "you MIGHT get back to me". Then again, you might not...........................
irresponsible tw4t

Like I said, I may get back to you once job is finished. Don`t bore me about products of combustion mate, we`ve all done our gas course. As for me being an irresponsible tw4t, get over yourself, it`s embarassing.

if the gas valve is not set properly(likley given the service history) it can easily produce excessive levels of Carbon Monoxide.

Ha,ha, get away! it won`t will it, aren`t you the clever one.

Big hard man hiding behind a keyboard.

Its unusual for a genuine RGI to make a posting about an appliance without quoting the model number.

When you were asked you just repeated Glow-Worm.

If you really are an RGI then why dont you register and ask trade questions there where you will be treated as an RGI?

Do you have CEN1?

Tony

Its unusual for a genuine RGI to make a posting about an appliance without quoting the model number.

If you really are an RGI then why dont you register and ask trade questions there where you will be treated as an RGI?

Do you have CEN1?

Tony

By that you are asking if I`m allowed to work on boilers, the answer is `yes` I`m just crap at them. I was asking a polite civil question. Would you like to test me? feel free. Gas safety only. Thanks.

Do you have CEN1?

Tony

By that you are asking if I`m allowed to work on boilers, the answer is `yes` I`m just crap at them. I was asking a polite civil question. Would you like to test me? feel free. Gas safety only. Thanks.

are you Legion? cos he is my hero, but he`s not been on for a while....

you could be my new hero ;)

Its accepted that some RGIs are not very good at some types of work.

But trade questions are best asked in the Combustion Chamber where we can answer all questions ( gas etc. ) and particularly you will not bee seen as not very good with boilers by the public.

So please register by sending your details to [email protected]

Tony

had to do one of these the other day, chamber seal had perished to leave a 6 inch openeing, new combustion seal, front case seal, fan cover case seal, both condense hose seals, really do need checking up on these new boilers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back