glowworm leaking heat exchanger

• Thread starter persiamomolti
  • Start date
It leaks as soon as boiler strarts, not a big leak but itall evident around shelf under heat exchanger, it`s rusty there, boiler is only five years old.

Sponsored Links
This is the gloworm 30 cxi leak. Burner seals have been superceeded from rubber to graphite. The flue adptor that connects onto the heat ex has been changed as washer at back leaks and the condense trap has been superceeded as these leak.

It`s been serviced every year for the last 5 years, micky g, for your information the engineer who has been servicing it for 5 years is returning this week to do it again. Are they easy to replace, might just do it myself.

Sponsored Links
It`s been serviced every year for the last 5 years, micky g, for your information the engineer who has been servicing it for 5 years is returning this week to do it again. Are they easy to replace, might just do it myself.

did he bother to take the burner out these five times? its pretty easy to spot one on its way out.

never understood why gloworm changed the burner seal to graphite but left the sump seal as rubber, pointless effort really.

I don`t know, it`s not my boiler, how hard is it to change these.

easy enough if you know what you are doing. i suspect you dont.

Ok, thanks, then Ill just drain boiler, slacken bolts, remove casing and replace seals then, thanks all for answering.

i wouldn't bother pal, there are no water connections so ya dnt need to drain anything..
it's a job for a rgi as you have got to undo a gas connection and remove the combustion chamber to replace the seals, id ring glowworm for a fixed price repair

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back