Glowworm Micron 40ff Pcb problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a glowworm micron 40 ff, and my heating wont come on, I have plenty of hot water though. After following the troubleshooting section in the manual the flashing led's indicated a problem with the pcb and the manual said it needs replacing. However, since doing this I have turned everything off and restarted the system, and it now fires up for about 5-7 mins but not long enough to have any affect on the rads. My question....Is it still likely to be the pcb and how much would I be looking at to have it fixed. Side note:- I had a small flood about 2 weeks before the heating packed up, where water came through the ceiling in the kitchen where the micron is located. I know water can be fatal to the pcb, but wouldnt it have been instant?

Sponsored Links
Usually, but not always instant.

Without being there to test other components it is hard for any of us to say 100% it is the pcb.

They did have a problem a few years back with the Micron pcb's though.

What colour are the led's?? We can tell which version you have...

Sponsored Links
The led's are green, but flashed amber when I did the trouble shooting.
After posting question yesterday, I read up on the problem a little more and found someone with same kind of problem but hers worked when heating the water was off so I turned everything off again and turned it back on, (but turned water off on the digital panel) the heating actually came on for 6 hours but then went off without warning. And now doesnt fire up at all.

The boiler was installed when the house was built about 2002. I know there was a product recall for the micron in 2005/6 but i have checked with glowworm and my boiler was not affected apparently by the problems they later had.

Change the thermistor. New PCB's require the thermistor to be changed at the same time.

My 50FF was the same. PCB blew, swapped it out, heating only luke warm. Changed thermistor, all good.

Change the thermistor. New PCB's require the thermistor to be changed at the same time.

My 50FF was the same. PCB blew, swapped it out, heating only luke warm. Changed thermistor, all good.

Yep they need to go on together as its impossible to know which is faulty and they just knock each other out continuously.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back