Glue for basin waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My waste pipe for my basin in the bathroom has detached from the pipe that goes out through the wall. It looks like it was just pushed in to the pipe on the wall, rather than having any sort of screw fitting.

I don't want to change the pipe, but would like it to be more secure as thios runs under my bath, so i want it to be secure before i put my bath panels on.

Can i just put some glue around this any push it back in? And if so, what sort of glue should I use?

Cheers,

Ian

Sponsored Links
Would something like araldite do the job, or not? Just thinking as I already have some.....

Sponsored Links
What you need to do is determine what material the existing pipe is made from.

Push-fit with o-rings is usually polypropylene and solvent cement cannot be used on PP.

Solvent weld pipe is made from PVC or ABS, and is bonded with solvent cement.

If you have any other solvent weld joins on the pipe, you can safely assume it's PVC or ABS.

If the pipe is PP, the correct approach would be to use a universal compression fitting to adapt together pipes of differing materials or diameters.

9.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back