Glue safety

Sponsored Links
I've heard that too, somewhere......I'd rather not put it to the test though, scared the crap out of me- couldn't breathe properly for hours :eek:
John :)

Sponsored Links
i remember when gripfil 1st came out,really potent gear at the time,job i had to do was glue all the skirts on a LARGE house as a special damp course had been installed,totally forgot about venting the place,boss came back in after a few hours and physically throws me outside to the air,my eyes were out on stalks i was as high as a kite.dunno how the glue sniffers do it.

i think they've reduced the solvent content sibce then! Shame :LOL:

yeah considerably.

ever used the solvent free stuff,i get better results using decorators caulk. :LOL:

ever used the solvent free stuff, i get better results using decorators caulk. :LOL:
I've used GripFil yellow (solvent free) a few times. It's actually not be for clear-finished (pre-finished) hardwood because you can just wipe-off any "accidents" with a damp cloth. Holds well once set, but in cold weather it can really take an age (a day or so longer than the green stuff) - and it is destroyed if you leave in the van over the weekend in icy weather

These replies have helped A LOT. Thank you for the reassurance and sorry if this thread initially sounded silly. I do get worked up sometimes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back