gluing mortar and stone.

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
this is for somone with stone windowsills.

At an external corner of the sills at a bay window, a missing bit had beeen filled with mortar and painted. the window cleaners have knocked the triangular piece out. I thought I could just glue it back but it will be exposed to rain. Can I use no-more-nails or Black-lid Unibond? the surface is quite rough.

Sponsored Links
Exterior NMN will also do it, or stick like SH** or one of the Ceresit adhesives.

Sponsored Links
Use the window cleaners blood.

It may not stick, but it certainly wont happen again

you want some chemical resin which is used for fixing studs into masonry. Chemset, chemfix, wurth & anchorfast do them or about £12 from travis perkins (robbing b******s) but will last forever.

The best product I have ever found for glueing stone to stone was called Jolly it came as a gel in a tin that looked like coarse honey you then mixed it with an hardener and boy does it stick you have to mix it on glass with a piece of glass we used it when constructing stone steps with stone balustrades but it was very expensive lucky for me customer ordered 1.5 tins too much :LOL:

Thanks!

It looks like it might be an Epoxy resin with fillers and colours? Do you think that's right? I was thinking of something that doesn't go completely hard as the bay window sill is made in several pieces of stone which will expand and contract and move about a bit.

My repair is at a mitred joint

You are being very helpful, thanks! :) You're a star!

I have got the old bit that fell out so was thinking of gluing it back :confused:

Haven't you got round to this yet? Come on man, chop chop!

You're making my 4 year long garage conversion look rushed! :cry:

gcol thanks for that link

looks like the stone company ripped my customer as he paid a lot more than that for if. sams stuff though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back