Gone in less than 60 seconds.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had the son of my neighbour opposite knock on my door to warn me that he had the cat nicked off his Lexus SUV last night when he was visiting his mum. She's getting on and not the sprightliest of ladies so he is her bubble and occasionally stays over. He must be in his sixties. I checked my CCTV and gave him the footage. It happened at 6.30pm. From the time they got out of their car to the time they drove off ......57 seconds! All wearing masks of course (at least three of them plus the driver so just as well they weren’t challenged) and being dark, I couldn’t make out the number plate but they would probably be false anyway. He's going through his insurance because it’s going to be in the thousands, not hundreds.

Sponsored Links
surprised this is still going on, i didnt think their was much money in it

The Jap cars seem to be the main targets as they have a nice size cat and I think they have a more expensive metal in them.

Sponsored Links
Toyota Auris,Prius,Honda Jazz and Lexus RX are the most targeted for cats, hybrids don't corrode so much of the precious metals, and as usual, plod will do feck all about it. "Claim on your insurance" they will say. "Oh, you're not insured? we'll be straight round..........to nick you"

The precious metals used in cats don't corrode. If they did, they wouldn't be precious.

Shocking.

cats+sleeping+in+cool+places+cat+on+the+car.jpg

I did a Survey in a very well run modern scrap yard near Edinburgh.

First thing "removed" ??? the Cat, followed by what ever Fuel was remaining in the tank.

What I am looking for is a new DPF for my vehicle, any takers?

Ken.

All wearing masks of course

They may be thieving, lowlife scum - but good to see them acting responsibly to protect us all. (y)

(at least three of them plus the driver so just as well they weren’t challenged)

Would only be plod challenging them for being with more than 2 people who aren't in their household. Don't think theft is a priority for the police these days.

and being dark,

Himmy!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

I honestly read the first few sentences before realising it was vehicle related not pet theft
My Facebook is full of stolen dogs or lost cats

Just had a call from a neighbour of my workshop in London asking if my cctv covers her house - her daughters Honda was relieved of its cat yesterday. It seems to be getting worse.

My Honda got done a couple of months back. Midday, neighbore saw them (3) got the number plate. Police didn’t want to know, closed the case the following day.

Just had wife Honda Jazz cat replaced, took my Volvo for MOT same week and had to have minor welding to fix attempted cat removal.

Sponsored Links
Back