Good news for UK

Sponsored Links
How to make friends and influence people.

Not :D
Perfectly normal question to ask. If I came from another country, lived in the U.K. and told you that I was earning £25k but my brother who lived in Germany was doing the same job, for less hours and getting paid £35k, would you not ask why I chose to live in the UK?

Anecdotal so not scientific but our Romainan postman (so he tells me) earns £25k a year and must work weekends without overtime. His brother does the exact same job in Germany, works fewer hours for £35,000 and gets double time at weekends.

Blup
Do they get paid in sterling in Germany? Are you sure it’s not €35k?

Sponsored Links
Do they get paid in sterling in Germany? Are you sure it’s not €35k?

I did a google earlier and those figures do more or less tally, although the German inquiry mentioned 'postal worker' as opposed to 'postman' so in theory could have encompassed management, who knows?, also 2 different sites threw up 2 different figures for the gerrys, 70k & 34k .
Suggests the germans earn more.
After Royal Mail were privatised, Deutsche Post were rumoured to be targeting them for a takeover,.

More good news. Well, not if you’re a UK rubbishing remainer….

How much of that £2B is tax-payer funded?
Alan Johnson, Nissan's senior vice president of manufacturing and supply chain, told the BBC's Today programme that the UK "can be a competitive place for car production, but everything needs to be right".
"Not just the plant itself, but the surrounding environment: energy costs, infrastructure, local government [and] national government support, needs to be right for it to work," he said.
The UK government has provided support for Nissan through the Automotive Transformation Fund.

Mr Johnson declined to comment on how much funding the company has received from UK taxpayers.
He said: "The support we have received in the past has been excellent and we're very grateful for the support we do receive.

"The truth is discussions are ongoing with the government, not concluded, and therefore I'm not in a position at the moment to make any announcement or any comment about any numbers."

Japanese businesses are committing to invest nearly £18bn in the UK, Rishi Sunak has announced as he meets the bosses of major firms in Tokyo.

May 18th 2023@The Independent.com

Plans are in the pipeline to collaborate on mining critical minerals for tech in Africa, in an attempt to keep up with China and Russia in the region. After the USA and China, the UK is Japan's most important trade partner.
Building three new electric cars in Sunderland - what's not to like?

More good news. Well, not if you’re a UK rubbishing remainer….

Japanese businesses are committing to invest nearly £18bn in the UK, Rishi Sunak has announced as he meets the bosses of major firms in Tokyo.

May 18th 2023@The Independent.com

Plans are in the pipeline to collaborate on mining critical minerals for tech in Africa, in an attempt to keep up with China and Russia in the region. After the USA and China, the UK is Japan's most important trade partner.
Building three new electric cars in Sunderland - what's not to like?

Coming thick and fast now.

Great news. (y)

I guess it's all part of our 'pivot to Asia', supporting Japan and South Korea against China's aggression in the region and particularly in the South China Sea.

Sponsored Links
Back