Good News on Vaccines and Delta Variant

It is possible to diagnose Covid-19 without a test, although it may not make it into the stats.

True and there has been cases where tests were negative so they used X ray or MRI. In this case they are bound to include it. I have wondered if there may be other reasons for diagnosing that way - speed maybe.

Anyway some people know covid is a myth ;) one passed my wife in a car a few days ago and stopped and told her it was.
They also know it killed nobody and most people who died of it were run over by a bus with 28days of a test even more when it was 60 odd days. Pointless telling them that the numbers from the 2 time scales hardly differ and they did die due to covid.
Then comes the hospitals were empty brigade at the peaks of the waves. All a conspiracy and etc.

There is no point replying to their posts. They know what they known end of so must be true. Reports on deaths have this header as well

Number of deaths since by week of death and time since laboratory confirmation of COVID-19, England

Sponsored Links
The ONS study is out for the week ending 23rd. In summary the rate of Covid-19 in the population was up on the week before, which isn't really news. The peak according to the non survey testing was on the 19th.

We'll have to wait for another week to get a better grip on things.

Except that can't be believed though Notch. I have personal experience of a death in 2020 - father of close friend. The hospital said he died of covid but several weeks later admitted that he was not tested so they couldn't be certain.

It can be diagnosed by symptom.

in the first lockdown there weren’t enough tests. For example CT scans were used, the scarring on the lungs is fairly unique to Covid.

identifying primary cause of death is not that straightforward, especially for the elderly.

Ellal is using the superficial argument that the “within 28 days of a test” is proof of being deliberately misleading.

it is not, the methodology is sound, it’s approved by the WHO.

it’s just one more carrion call of conspiracists.

Querying things is fine, but it beats me why reasonably intelligent people enjoy finding some snippet of information, often on a silly website, then misapply it to a greater or lesser extent, always to discredit something or other. A hint of biology sometimes adds to the effect.

Vaccines are going to kill thousands
nobody much is dying of covid
the hospitals are empty
the official figures are fake nooz
it's not much more than flu
the vaccines made no difference
lockdowns achieve nothing except to make the rich richer
masks do nothing
it's all fake, designed to provide money to "big pharma"
the vaccines aren't vaccines

and more.
If one can be bothered, the claims can be discredited in a couple of minutes' checking;
the claimant looks like a proper jerk, but then he does it again.
If these people are making money out of it, does that make them professional wánkers?

Sponsored Links
Almost every time you mention the virus you insist on saying "virus" with quotation marks, which suggests that you are trying to tell us all that you don't think it is a real virus.

If you are not doing it for that purpose, it might be helpful to explain what you mean when you say 'virus'.

For a different thread please, or provide a link. Mod
I will do a new thread.

Links are not hard to find - ellal has put the word virus in quotes literally hundreds of times. Two examples remain in this topic.

Except that can't be believed though Notch. I have personal experience of a death in 2020 - father of close friend. The hospital said he died of covid but several weeks later admitted that he was not tested so they couldn't be certain.

It's rife. My brother knows some clinicians at the local hospital who can't believe that emphysema and similar respiratory deaths are put down as Covid on the death certificate. The real death stats are anyone's guess.

Last edited:
Interesting article on the Kings and St. Thomas' symptom app, also known as Zoe, which you can view or join if you want on
covid.joinzoe.com

It has a good map of numbers with first and second vaccinations by district, and another showing latest infections rate, which is informative.

upload_2021-8-1_5-26-40.png

https://www.ft.com/content/b1b60f54-5d32-4644-a5f9-27af3c1704c7

"The app has also shown it is possible to predict who will go on to develop long Covid, particularly those with multiple early symptoms, asthma and a higher body-mass index. Last month, it uncovered the most recent new symptom in vaccinated people, showing that they are now sneezing when they become infected.

In every case, Spector has sounded the klaxon far sooner and more loudly than the UK government and Public Health England, which have at times struggled to keep the public informed about the virus’s evolution"

"Many people only recognise the three “classic” Covid symptoms, but there are many more. The British government has yet to add other symptoms to its official list, despite evidence of more than 20 Covid symptoms.

These are the top symptoms taken from data reported in the Zoe Covid Study in the 30 days up to July 14 2021. Top five Covid symptoms after two vaccine doses: runny nose, headache, sneezing, sore throat, loss of smell

Top five Covid symptoms in the unvaccinated: headache, sore throat, runny nose, fever, persistent cough"

https://www.ft.com/content/3440a75b-a103-45f0-a2b7-296709c5b490

"When Dr David Windsor, a critical care consultant in Gloucestershire, told a 40-something Covid-19 patient she needed to be put on a ventilator to help her breathe, her response was poignant: “She asked me if she could have the vaccine. And I had to say to her ‘it’s too late’,” he recalled.

While the success of the vaccines has hugely reduced the number sick enough to need hospital admission, holdouts remain — and frequently present a parable of retrospective anguish.

“We’re very used to looking after people and respecting their health beliefs but we’re seeing young people severely unwell [or] dying as a result of what could have potentially been a preventable illness,” Windsor added. “And that’s really hard for us.”

Yet overall, the Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust’s experience of the latest surge in cases appears to vindicate the government’s calculation that it could shed most remaining coronavirus restrictions on July 19 without straining the NHS to breaking point. On Friday the trust was treating a total of 22 Covid patients, with three in intensive care. But although staff readied additional critical care beds at the weekend as a precaution, they have yet to be needed.

Prof Mark Pietroni, the trust’s medical director, said: “For the same level of community transmission as we saw in the winter, we’re running at under 10 per cent of the number of admissions.”

The numbers tell the story of the transformative power of the jabs. The current admission rate in Gloucestershire is 3.8 per 100,000 for the fully vaccinated; for the unvaccinated, the figure is 94.8. Not a single person who has been double jabbed has ended up in ICU"

Sponsored Links
Back