Good Techniques For Moving Appliances in and out of tight spaces on lino

WSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone Good Techniques For Moving Kitchen Appliances in and out of tight spaces in the kitchen on a lino surface?

I have those adjustable wheel casters that you can move appliances round on but in this case they are too high to get the appliance under the work surface.

Just wondered if anyone has any techniques I could employ. Remember it's on lino so need to be careful not to tear.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I have used. Thin sheet of plastic (3-4mm) on floor to protect or
Large furniture glides .
DIY Doctor - The Original Deluxe Super Sliders - 8 Pcs Value Pack Furniture Sliders for Carpet - Furniture Movers - Furniture Sliders for Heavy Items on Carpet - Furniture Sliders for Wooden Floors https://amzn.eu/d/d8TH09d
With washing machine, open door and pull out as far as possible using door rim to lift keeping front legs off the floor .

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: WSB
Cardboard, old carpet or lino upside down in fact any non sticky sheet material should help it slide over your flooring.

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
When we had lino laid in the kitchen of the last house, instead of lino under the fridge I left an exact cutout that I filled with a sheet of 6mm plywood and slid it in on that, with an assistant I was able to slide the fridge from one end of the kitchen to the other over a similar bit of plywood on top of a bit of old carpet that said helper could pull along as I maneuvered the fridge. Then just had to transition it from one bit of ply to the next. Washing machines are more tricky as a lot heavier.

Wipe it down first, to get rid of the grit, then use washing-up liquid as a lubricant

Washing up liquid shouldn't be used for washing machines though as it increases the likelihood of them bouncing around.

• Thanks
Washing up liquid shouldn't be used for washing machines though as it increases the likelihood of them bouncing around.
If the washing machine is horizontal, it wont bounce around. The feet need adjusting.

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back