Goodbye from Megawatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've really enjoyed being a (reasonably) regular contributor/participant to DIYNot over the past 3 years or so and have learnt many DIY things from some of the clever people who regularly post here ... Most of which have found their way into my properties in some form or other ;)

I never thought that when I first found the site and posted a few questions that 3 years and over 3000 posts later I'd still be here merrily posting away :eek:

Unfortunately, due to other priorities in my life now, I won't be able to contribute a great deal in future and so I have decided to make a clean break and move on ... Which will be hard as logging on to the site has become part of my daily routine even when I'm out of the country (Mrs Megawatt says it's become an obsession :LOL: ).

Thanks for all the help and lively discourse (even Joe-90/Softus) it's been an enjoyable experience and I will miss it and some of you guys.

Best wishes to you all and good luck for the future.

Megawatt

Sponsored Links
There will be no need for moderators if you leave! :LOL:

Good luck but I am sure you will be back in a few weeks. :D

He will come back as Moz 2, seriously thats a shame you are going. I am more of a reader than a poster and have enjoyed ( most ) of your posts, not always in agreement of course !

All the best and if you ever decide to visit I am sure Joe and all will welcome you back :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I am sure Joe and all will welcome you back :LOL:
I truly believe that Joe et al (including myself), would indeed welcome him back.

Addiction is a serious thing Mega... good luck in kicking the habit ;)

Mega . What are you getting put away for . With good behaviour you should only do a third of the sentence.

Is there any point posting to these leaving threads? The OP wont see your reply. :rolleyes:

I never see the point in these threads anyway. If you want to go, go.

Is life going to be so busy that its never, ever going to be possible to browse the net or a forum for a few minutes, never ever again in the future?

If a person enjoyed browsing a forum then they will browse it and contribute. If they don't enjoy it then they wont - the excuse for leaving is just that, an excuse.

This is not personal to MW, but just my opinion on these types of thread

WE WILL CARRY ON THE GOOD FIGHT WITH JOE ON YOUR BEHAVE, bye megga , be careful out there its a jungle :LOL:

Is there any point posting to these leaving threads? The OP wont see your reply. :rolleyes:
I think so yes as i'm sure he'll not be able to resist reading the replies for a while even if he doesnt post.

I never see the point in these threads anyway. If you want to go, go.

Is life going to be so busy that its never, ever going to be possible to browse the net or a forum for a few minutes, never ever again in the future?

If a person enjoyed browsing a forum then they will browse it and contribute. If they don't enjoy it then they wont - the excuse for leaving is just that, an excuse.

This is not personal to MW, but just my opinion on these types of thread

maybe he was being polite instead of just disappering.

see ya MW dude

Not one for sad goodbyes me...

See ya Mega :( but with a wink.

Ps When we run out of oil, Ill let you know. Its gonna kill us man. Oh god duuuuuuuude, weve had it.

Dave

What doesnt help is his departure so soon after being challenged, this only fuels those thoughts that he may have been alluding to something he wasnt and now we may never know.
Or indeed further enhances the suspicion of 'who is actually who' on this site... ;)

There is nothing sinister with MW's departure fellas he's been very committed over the past 12 months on charity work he's involved with and he's now taking 3 months out to go on a World cruise.

Despite having internet on the ship his wife (who is my sister ;) ) has made it clear that he isn't to use it and I know better than most that her word is final :LOL:

His sadness at leaving is genuine and he has deleted his account so as not to be tempted to return despite me telling him to leave it active.

He knows his own mind and rarely listens to me :rolleyes: though I guess you all already know that.

As far as I know he's only ever had the one account here so I can't help with the suspicions :D

By the way Joe I'm not sure where the GP thing started between you both but I can assure you that big Sis has never been one and I wouldn't let her put a plaster on me :LOL:

I'll let you know how he gets on when he makes contact.

Cheers

Esra

See ya Mega. You'll be missed* :(

I'm sure you'll be back at chrimbo, or won't be able to resist logging on occasionally when coming back from the pub completely langered.

*Just in case he's still checking back to see how much we'll miss him. ;)

Its MY OPINION, if you don't agree fine, that's your opinion.
And you hit the nail on the head yes everyone is entitled to their opinion and what they want to talk about on this forum, as long as there is free speech allowed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back