Google adwords

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just recently started my adwords account and was wondering which words people get the most clicks and views.

I'm in the maintenance game - do carpentry, decorating, kitchens, bathrooms, gardening, brickwork, fencing, decking etc everything really

Sponsored Links
Just recently started my adwords account and was wondering which words people get the most clicks and views.

I'm in the maintenance game - do carpentry, decorating, kitchens, bathrooms, gardening, brickwork, fencing, decking etc everything really

Hampshire Handyman would be a good start...

put what you like, no one uses them anyway!!
waste of money as is Yell, yellow pages, bt phone book, and all the local rags that strive to extract your hard earned for F*** all return!

don't waste your money

I will help you achieve the same result for half what they charge you, and i'll put in exactly the same effort as they do - by doing sod all!!

Sponsored Links
Try to think what a customer would put in like 'carpenter cumbria,general handyman guildford(or whatever town, village you cover). Don't go on the networks and keep testing and seeing what keywords work for you. Compare a number of different ads within the same group to see which ones are more popular. Change as necessary.

Thanks for the advice, have changed a few now to include Hampshire and Southampton in them.

Got a £75 free trial so thought I'd give it a go.

I started a couple of months ago and had spent £40 of my own money by then with no results, then saw the £75 free so I called Google and they added it on putting me in credit, also they gave some good info over the telephone and within the last two weeks I've got two orders. Costs covered, and if it continues to produce results, I might up it and put out another campaign. :D

I started a couple of months ago and had spent £40 of my own money by then with no results, then saw the £75 free so I called Google and they added it on putting me in credit, also they gave some good info over the telephone and within the last two weeks I've got two orders. Costs covered, and if it continues to produce results, I might up it and put out another campaign. :D

What advice did they give you?

Glad it's working out.

Do Adwords have a sliding scale of charges, ie. the more hits you get, the less each hit costs you?

How do they price your hits, is it set or vary from customer to customer?

Agree with Whitespirit i'm testing different charging levels. On your ads, have a call to action like 'Call Us Now!'. I have restricted my ads to a 20mile radius of where I live. The Keywords you have in your ad, use in your keyword list. i.e. Need a Kitchen Handyman then keywords could be Kitchen Handyman Hampshire,kitchen handyman mytown,kitchen repair mytown, etc etc - Make changes as you go and test results - google a sample of your keyword phrases and see what others are showing on their ads. Good Luck, hope it works for you. :D

Sorry Whitespirit just realised you was asking a question? Different Keywords have diffrent click charges depending on how popular they are. The more clicks you get on a certain phase you use reduces your costs. You don't have to accept googles suggestions. I started by specifying 30p per click and built up and now I'm at £1.10 per click with a max daily spend of £5. I get about 4 clicks per day, but I'm reviewing and making small changes to check and test.

Got to admit its working bloody well for me!, you really need to try different adds and make your main add title to the point

Got to admit its working bloody well for me!, you really need to try different adds and make your main add title to the point

I have NO IDEA how this works. I've had the emails and info, but can anyone explain the pence per click scenario?

Hi Andy - Ive been using Google Adwords for a number of years now and swear by it.

I would make the following suggestions;
In your account settings, set your ads to show in the local area only (Google loves local businesses)
Group your keywords into relavent adgroups (one for each job type that you perform for example)
Turn OFF the Content Network.
Install conversion tracking on your website so that you can see which keywords are turning into leads (do you have an enquiry form on your website?)
Use the Adwords keyword suggestion tool to suggest relavent keywords -however I would suggest using "phrase match" and [exact match] terms only to start off with.

If you need any help you'll find plenty of useful guides on the google website.

Best of luck!!

Robert

Sponsored Links
Back