Google Chrome

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been using it for a few months now and I'm happy enough with it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Use both FF and Chrome, speed is the same and PDF's always fail on Google Chrome for some reason.

That said I still like Chrome and still use it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following advice from an IT friend recently I converted to Firefox.

It is more secure and just as simple to use. I wish I'd known about it much sooner. Seriously guys, try it. You can always return to Micro$oft if not happy.

Sorry Explorer - you're sacked!

Edit: (Ah, just realised I'm talking about something else and realise what David meant by FF :oops: )

My forum cred just took a dive..
smilie_auslachen.gif
Where's a 'delete' icon when you need one? :D

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been using Chrome since it was released, I'm very impressed so far.

FF is not what it was and was beginning to feel bloated and lethargic. almost like a secure IE.

MS IE, well what can I say, oh yeah, it's sh*t.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The only problem with chrome, is that there are no ad-blockers. Why Google didn't include an ad-blocker I don't know :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You can install different browsers, setting one of them as default, can have the others at your fingertips... We are not normally limited to a single browser installation...

Annoyed by this message from non default browser ?
"Internet Explorer is not currently your default browser. Would you like to make it your default browser?"
Find the following question(s) and un-tick the accompanying box in the browser's preferences... Three examples :-
□"Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup"
□"Check if Opera is default browser on startup"
□"Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser."

Quick Google found this :- http://www.pjlighthouse.com/?p=2975&akst_action=share-this

--

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why Google didn't include an ad-blocker I don't know :rolleyes:

It could be something to do with Google making all it's money from advertising! :LOL:

Although you would think they could block everybody else's adverts... it might attract the attention of those who look out for unfair business practices though.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think there's a final version of Chrome for Linux. I use Firefox. I'v tried Opera and it seems to perform worse.

Also, when I tested Windows 7, Firefox 3.5 way outperformed IE8 (on the same OS and hardware obviously).

Oh, a nitpick: The correct abbreviation (as advised by Mozilla themselves) for Firefox is Fx.

Sponsored Links