Google street view

Birds eye is older than streetview.

Its taken using the same aeroplanes as the aerial shots.

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL:

That line you have at the bottom of your posts Thermo... have grace to accept what cant be changed, strength to change what can, wisdom to see the difference Is that with reference to your renewed relationship with nappies? :D

Pictures of my house must be pretty old - it's my old front door that's on it and my old car.

And horror of horrors.....................my knickers are on the washing line!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Just like to share my experience with Street View.
The "Report A Problem" link on every image does give an easy way to get images removed.

However, you have to be persistant with Google and I've had to keep going back and reporting the images from all the angles.
They've now removed the image of my house and neighbours, and are just about getting around to removing the final pictures of my family.

Google think they can do what they like. It's taken 2 weeks to get this far.
I contacted them BEFORE my city went live to say I didn't want my house on there but they still did.

(NB: You need to clear your browser cache after the image is removed, or it'll use the local cached image).

I think people shouldn't give up as there are a lot of people removing images, there would be even more if how to do it was publicized better.

The "Report A Problem" link on every image does give an easy way to get images removed.

However, you have to be persistant with Google and I've had to keep going back and reporting the images from all the angles.
They've now removed the image of my house and neighbours, and are just about getting around to removing the final pictures of my family.

I contacted them BEFORE my city went live to say I didn't want my house on there but they still did.

(NB: You need to clear your browser cache after the image is removed, or it'll use the local cached image).

I think people shouldn't give up as there are a lot of people removing images, there would be even more if how to do it was publicized better.

I personally don't see what all the fuss is about, it is nothing more than what is on display to all 6.5 billion of us if we have the means to walk down the street.

that birds eye view is at least 3 years old.. I don't own a black car and yet that's what's parked on my drive.. and I've been here for just over 3 years.

that birds eye view is at least 3 years old.. I don't own a black car and yet that's what's parked on my drive.. and I've been here for just over 3 years.
errr...your wife doesn't have any "friends" that have black cars does she? Maybe you were at work ;)

You prude.

Why did you want the images deleting?

Were your familys faces not blurred? :rolleyes:

Simple facts:
Your home is (probably) at greater risk of reposession than being burgled due to an image on the internet.
Nobody is going to steal your identity by finding your face/home/car on streetview.

The house I just bought is on a corner. The camera has picked up great detail of the washing on the line, and the types of doors and windows front and back. Am I bothered? No. Its progress. Progress with it. :p

It was a Wednesday, the bins are out. Must have been before 1300 hrs.

Both cars were home, so that means it was Mrs Secure's day off. She no longer has Wednesdays free, so it was a while ago.

Sponsored Links
Back