Governed by whom ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At least with politicans in parliament we have an element in their appointments we can vote them in or out ........The Lord's .......huh well........ Kinnock ......Nick Clegg .......is that jailbird Archer still in there ?
Reform is needed there .........

But the EU !! it's beyond words that some silly people want to remain in thrall to an unelected bunch of career bureaucrats.

Let's be honest on this point whilst a member of The EU our government cannot act contrary to the diktats issuing from Brussels.

That's what the referendum was about .......Independance pure and simple.

Sponsored Links
Ah yes 'Indepedence'...

Back to good old blighty.

A country where we have:
No elected head of state
No elected second chamber, as you say.
(although I bet you secretly like it when they oppose government proposals you don't like ;)).
Appointed Ministers - Just like EU Commisioners.
'Unelected bunch of career bureacrats' - we just call then civil servants.
Over 1,000 unelected UK Quangos who hand out £90bn p.a. of our money to who they like.
(does EU contributions and rebate/grants ring a bell? - only on a much larger scale. The EU only has 53 Quangos and has a budget of 10 Billion Euros - but for 28 countries!)

Then of course we have our wonderful FPTP electoral system.
Where no party gets a majority.
Where only a small percentage of votes actually count.
Where one party can get approx 2m votes and get 8 seats, and yet another party can get approx 12m votes and get 297 seats.
(250,000 votes per seat vs 40,000 votes per seat is fair?)
Much better of course than that 'undemocratic' EU where voting has to be PR based :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Completely irrelevant to anything.
Really?

So you enjoy being a 'subject' with no say, not a citizen ?

Perhaps you think the US system more intelligent
At least there is a semblance of Democracy.

There are of course other ways of electing an (often symbolic) head of state around the world which work perfectly well and can also allow a head of state to step in when the politicians mess up!

But leaving that aside, no thoughts on the other parts of our undemocratic ruling system?

So you enjoy being a 'subject' with no say, not a citizen ?

Oh dear, do you feel you are being ordered about by the Royal family? :ROFLMAO:

I expect you will be in Windsor tomorrow, outside St Georges chapel :mrgreen:

No, but we have a Queen, and long may she reign.

Indeed.

I'm no huge Royalist, but I prefer the idea of a Royal family to a president.

The UK has a rich history and a Royal family helps maintain an identity of the country and its heritage.

I do wonder though that if or when Prince Charles becomes king, the popularity of the Royals starts to wane.

No, but we have a Queen, and long may she reign.
Anyone who supports the notion of the head of state occupying that position through a fluke of birth obviously has an inferiority complex!

Is your family 'worth' less than them just because they happened to have purloined a fortune over the centuries?
Do you look at your kids (if you have any) and think they are 'not as good' as that 'royal lot'?

But hey, they've been suckering 'Royalists' for centuries.

The cost of a few hours security could have paid for 400 nurses salary for 3 years - but hey as long as Hewitt's lovechild gets hitched, that's alright (y)

I note also that there are no comments on the other aspects of our so-called 'democracy'.

Probably because brexiteers don't have any answers :ROFLMAO:

Royal family ect bring in millions in tourisim

billions of pounds worth of contracts have been signed on the royal yacht .

many who have amassed a fortune did it bt s***ing on some one ;) or stiffing some one up ;)

your life style is at the expense of the less well off that are exploited indirectly by you & u do not give a wat sit ;)

yet u assume u occupy the moral high ground :LOL:

Anyone who supports the notion of the head of state occupying that position through a fluke of birth obviously has an inferiority complex!

Thrre you go again........anybody with a different view to yours must be stupid.

I would argue anybody who complains the Royals have loads of money they dont deserve, must suffer from an inferiority complex. Oh wait, the chop on the shoulder argument makes a lot more sense.

Sponsored Links