Government meddling?

the new wonder cure, a gastric band :evil:
Yes, and this brings us back to government meddling.

Expose a population to easily available fatty sugary food and there will be a percentage that will end up obese. They can not say no. So somebody has to say no for them.

I guess there is some logic in the powers that be getting together on a fat witch-hunt. I'm not convinced it will work though. As said earlier, lard munchers know where they can go to get a fix.

Why is it that all the things that are bad for us taste the best!

Sponsored Links
There weren't many fat people during the war.

Sponsored Links
Whilst there are a (relatively) small number of people who find it difficult to keep the weight off, due to a medical condition, there is no excuse for the sheer numbers of fatties currently occupying planet Earth.

There were no fatties in Belsen. :eek:

sadly that view is not going help...
What is the answer then?

Not all the answers but a few.

1, poor diets affect us all. You don't have to be obese to be affected. In fact the fat that most affects us is visceral fat(the fat around our internal organs). You can be Thin on the Outside, Fat on the Inside (TOFI) and suffer just the same illness (diabetes, heart disease etc)

2, Telling people you fat because you are greedy and lazy and all you need to do is just eat less is pure bullshit. No one really wants to be unhealthy and sick... people get fat through biochemistry. Sugar (fructose in particular) ****s up our natural inbuilt system to regulate your weight.

3, fat intake is not the enemy, it never was. Sugar in highly processed food and soft drinks is...

4, sugar (fructose in particular) is additive, we form dependence on it. The big food corps knows it and uses it as a tool to get us to consume more.

5, the idea you can have 'balance diet' with something that causes Metabolic syndrome is total myth. If you are obese or have type 2 diabetes then cut out all sugar and starch totally....and even if you don't have type 2 diabetes or obese you should cut it out of your diet anyway.

What I would do?. Stop blaming fat people for being fat. Educated them and then regulate and tax the **** out of sugar. McDonalds, coke and the like are no better than tobacco companies. They deign their products to be addictive.

We as Humans do not need sugar to live...

So if you theory is correct, how come a gastric band works then?

A lot of people are fat because they are gluttons that's why and they need to be forced to stop eating so much.

Fructose? So we can't eat fruit now then? :confused:

If you are obese or have type 2 diabetes then cut out all sugar and starch totally....and even if you don't have type 2 diabetes or obese you should cut it out of your diet anyway.

This is contrary to the advice given by the British Diabetic Association.

gastric band are an enforced semi starvation diet. it does not stop them craving or being hungry...you can also cheat. if you have a sweet tooth (ie love chocolate, ice cream ) they will not give you one on the NHS.

the old glutton and sloth argument...you eat to much and move to little, its your fault. what about children? do they choice to be fat? 5 year olds? 2 years old? 6 month old...what about new borns? how does a new born know glutton and sloth? yet they are all becoming over weight. Ahh..it the parents fault...

you can be born fat, grow up fat and stay fat as a adult. in your world its the parents fault, then when they get old enough it becomes the fat persons fault...

bolocks... it's biochemistry. normal people have a inbuilt systems to control weight. your body does not want to store **** loads of fat...but the hormones that controls weight and activity levels are being interfered with by type food we eat.

I know I am lecturing here. but my point is blaming victims does not help... and its not just the obese, it affects us all. it can be just as harmful to someone that may appear outwardly normal but has visceral fat around their organs(the so called TOFI)

And then of course there's also the thing about the BMI index that is used is basically a flawed system. It's merely a set of numbers made to fit by a statistician, and has no medical or scientific basis.

If you are obese or have type 2 diabetes then cut out all sugar and starch totally....and even if you don't have type 2 diabetes or obese you should cut it out of your diet anyway.

yes, I know :LOL: if you ever go on diabetes forums. they have raging debates about it. sadly I fear their advice is doing more harm than good.

you start getting in to the politics of heath. It is changing slowly. but a low carb diet is about the only thing that can reverse type 2 diabetes(in a small number of cases) and almost completely mitigates the health problems of type 2.

yes, I know :LOL: if you ever go on diabetes forums. they have raging debates about it. sadly I fear their advice is doing more harm than good.

I disagree. Cutting out ALL sugars and starch from you diet will result in hypoglycaemia which, in turn, can result in coma and death.

If you have any medical evidence of cutting out ALL sugars and starch from your diet, in the case of diabetics, could you please post links on here.

bolocks... it's biochemistry. normal people have a inbuilt systems to control weight. your body does not want to store s**t loads of fat...but the hormones that controls weight and activity levels are being interfered with by type food we eat.

So how is it that there were no fat people at Belsen (as I mentioned earlier)? Is it the case that there just happened to be no people without this 'inbuilt system to control weight'?

I disagree. Cutting out ALL sugars and starch from you diet will result in hypoglycaemia which, in turn, can result in coma and death.

first off no diet can remove every trace of carbohydrates. so the idea your body would go in hypoglycaemia on a low carb diet is a bit of a straw man.
also when say all sugar I was really mean produced food with high sugar content and starchy foods and not meaning cutting out all food that have carbohydrates. nothing wrong with a few Brussels sprout.

second your body can produce glucose though a processes call gluconeogenesis for the small amount the body needs. the body can use other fuel source(ketone's) we we don't have to rely on carbohydrates as our primary fuel source.

for type 2 diabetics and links:

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/5/1/14
http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/5/1/36

will dig out some more but really Google low carb diet and diabetics.

sorry I don't understand the reference to Belsen. it was a nazi camp in WW2? but happy to learn what your point was.

Sponsored Links
Back