Government needs another year to find backstop solution.

filly sees an adult conversation, and has nothing sensible to say.

Sponsored Links
filly sees an adult conversation, and has nothing sensible to say.

Well, an adult starting point would be for you to answer my question, to save you scrolling back, I'll reiterate it here.

'If the EU were to 'give in' as you put it, I would rather use the term 'compromise' or 'reach an agreement'. How the f**k can that, in any way, shape or form be considered as abandoning RoI, given that it guarantees their continued success?'

'If the EU were to 'give in' as you put it, I would rather use the term 'compromise' or 'reach an agreement'. How the f**k can that, in any way, shape or form be considered as abandoning RoI, given that it guarantees their continued success?'

I replied to you, but I suppose you found my response too complicated.

Here's the start of it:

"The EU already reached an agreement with the UK government. One of the EU's key points was that they would not accept an agreement that resulted in a hard border between NI and RoI.

The Brexers rejected that agreement.

One of the EU's key points still is that they will not accept an agreement that resulted in a hard border between NI and RoI.

We know that. The Government knows that. The Brexers know that. You know that.

And you think that abandoning a key point is a compromise?"

Sponsored Links
try expressing yourself in English. Make use of sentences, paragraphs and (if you can manage it) punctuation.

try expressing yourself in English. Make use of sentences, paragraphs and (if you can manage it) punctuation.

Abandoning a bullet point on a working paper later to become known as 'the backstop' and abandoning the Republic of Ireland are two very different propositions no?
So, armed with that information, I'll ask the question for a third time. No doubt you wont answer and choose instead to insult me, and that's fine.

you consider this to be your question?

1) The Sticking Point is the Backstop.

2) Buffoon is asking the EU to give it up.

3) RoI and the EU consider it to be essential, until some acceptable aternative is found and committed, that will prevent a hard border on the Island of Ireland.

4) Buffoon has not offered such an alternative.

5) So he is asking RoI and the EU to cave in and drop their essential requirement.

6) He is hoping that the other EU nations will agree to abandon RoI and agree without RoI consent. They won't.

7) Funnily enough the USA will also not sign a trade agreement with the UK unless it has satisfied RoI's requirement.

What is it that you can't understand? Tell me the paragraph number, for a start.

you'd better stop now. You're out of your depth.

The EU have sold the ROI down the river by agreeing to put Varadkars ridiculous backstop into the withdrawal agreement. Aided and abetted by Theresa May's incompetence and Philip Hammonds duplicity the EU have put the UK in an impossible situation where NI could be split from the rest of the UK. Add to that the 'sequencing' arrangement May agreed to whereby the negotiations are phased: 1. withdrawal agreement and pony up the cash (without knowing what we're getting for that cash), 2. terms of the future relationship, trade deal etc.
The problem with this is that once the withdrawal agreement (with backstop) is passed, the cash is ponied up, what incentive is there for the EU to give us a reasonable trade deal or future relationship, in short, they can offer us an appalling trade deal and having already paid the cash and signed up to a legally binding backstop, the UK or NI or both are tied forever to a customs union if a trade deal is not agreed, unable to negotiate deals with other countries. The EU know this full well and are consequently milking the backstop for all it's worth.
Thank Christ Boris came along when he did and had the balls to say to Barnier and Juncker, actually mateys, you can f**k right off.

It's ridiculous to suggest the UK has offered no workable alternatives to the backstop, of course they have, but the EU are playing hardball, and in the process abandoning the Republic of Ireland.
Look, Europe will survive a hard Brexit although northern Europe will be plunged into a recession (Germany may already be there), the UK will survive, short term will be painful but medium term we'll be fine.

As for the ROI a hard Brexit will be nothing short of catastrophic. I'm not sure of their exact trade figures but I'm sure it's something like 50% of exports are to the UK, of the remainder, a huge percentage transits via the UK. They import 90% of their electricity from the UK and 90% of their gas from the UK. Egged on by the EU, Varadkar has the audacity to try and hold the UK to ransom, how dare he.

After the financial crash the UK bailed out the ROI, we didn't have to, and the EU didn't offer to, but we did.
Having egged on the pipsqeak Varadkar to come on all butch with his backstop s**t, if we're forced into a hard Brexit the EU will abandon the ROI as they have done before, and are doing now.

Anyway, you still haven't answered by question.

EU have put the UK in an impossible situation where NI could be split from the rest of the UK.

I thought it was the UK that voted for Brexit, not the EU?

So that means:
The UK has put the UK in an impossible situation.

Look, Europe will survive a hard Brexit although northern Europe will be plunged into a recession (Germany may already be there), the UK will survive, short term will be painful but medium term we'll be fine
I agree, we just need to believe enough (y)

Where did you get that economic predictions from?
Rees Mogg
Gove
Farage

Thank Christ Boris came along when he did and had the balls to say to Barnier and Juncker, actually mateys, you can f**k right off.

What has he achieved?

We seem to be in the same place as Theresa May:
Backstop is a red line
There is a technical solution, but we dont know what it is yet.....because it dont exist

Sponsored Links
Back