Grant Combi 90B3 HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the above oil boiler mentioned above, yesterday the oil ran out while the heating was on , we then turned the heating off, today it was refueled and since then the heating does not work when we switch it on, the boiler is on but there is a smell of fumes coming from it.

Does anyone know what the problem may be, i think the pilot light may be out...anyway i have no idea about oil boilers and would appreciate some help if possible..

thanks

Sponsored Links
You need to purge the oil line and get the oil to the pump in the burner, the line will have been dried out out and need to be aired. Should be something in the instructions that might help you if not I'm sure there might be a sticky at the top of the page that will cover it.

Hi thanks for the reply, i will look and read the stickies, i do not have the manual so i cannot check it.

Sponsored Links
I just read this in another thread is this what i need to do.

"its a tiger loop it will have three connections the middle one[10mm copper] is the feed from the tank.you should see arrows on the metal part the hoses connect to you need to loosen the one with the arrow pointing to the burner the other arrow points to the tiger loop.you need to slacken it at the burner and you will see the tiger loop contents bubble and froth.when you have a steady flow from the flexy retighten and fire it up"

The boiler is also making a strange noise...is this normal ?

Ok so i need to purge this of air, can anyone tell me how to do it on this boiler.

I just karate kicked it ...still nothing

What we expect from a Scotsman + drink, but usually not'til Friday or Saturday.

Take the red plastic cover off the burner.

Get a tray and put it under the oil pump and the brass hex thats pointing to the front.

There's a 4mm allen key needed to undo the screw in the end of the hex.

press the reset button and undo the screw a little when the motor runs.

You will get some froth coming out, when it stops frothing, do the screw up again.

Unless you're clever, don't be tempted to take the screw right out or you will have oil the other side of the room.

Hi oilman thanks for the reply, well i needed the drink to get the bottle to mess with the thing in the first case, i will try what you say and hopefully it will work, only a few weeks ago i came home to the missus who decided to plum in a new washing machine herself, there was water going everywhere but luckily i managed to save the day and with any luck i will do the same tonight.

Oilman there is not a red plastic cover that i can see, a big circular steel red thing on the front that has some warning about being pressurised to 1.0 bar ?

thats a water pump :LOL: undo the pozi screw holding the red circular steel thing[expansion vessel]it is on a flexi so will move.
under this you will see a big red cover with a red light showing on the top lhs as you look at it.
undo the two slotted screws one at the top and one on the bottom and remove said cover
as you look down at the burner on the lhs you will see a silver braided hose follow that to the oil pump.on top of the pump you will find a brass hex tube around 50/75mm long on the top of this is where you follow oilmans advice ;) oh it should take a couple of minutes to get that far enjoy :LOL:

Thanks, water pump, air pump its all the same to me, yeah the big red thing ;) sounded scarey with the words pressurised air stamped on it, i will try what you say and hopefully will live to tell you the results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back