Grant Vortex Pro vs Eco

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im looking at a new boiler for my house and have been recommended the Grant Vortex w6/35 model. But given an option odof pro and eco version.

From what i can see the benefit of the pro is upto 2% more efficient and the remote control facility.

Does anyone have any experience they can share regarding these? Is the pro worth the extra few hundred pounds?

For information i plan to go for an external boiler and am currently undecided whether to have a sealed system or vented due to our poor water pressure.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Get a Bosch with a 7yr warranty. With Grant you rely on subcontractors for warranty, which is significantly shorter. Also, ask someone who has had a Grant Vortex Combi how many circuit boards it's had.

Decision is much easier as Worcester bosch dont do a Pro or Eco version. For a heat only boiler water pressure is an irrelevence.

Some installers recommend Grant because they are slightly easier to install and service. Fine if they are passing these benefits on to you.....but who buys the circuit boards when it is 6 years old?

I've owned a Grant Vortex 15/26 Pro external oil boiler for 4 years (it replaced an old Worcester Bosch) and it has been faultless. I chose this over a Worcester Bosch equivalent despite the difference in warranty after a bit of research and reading various reviews. I believe both are good though! It's certainly more efficient than my very old boiler and it's quiet and relatively unobtrusive. I also changed from a vented to a sealed system at the same time and that's been another good move!! (I do have excellent water pressure though!)

I've no technical knowledge to back up which is the better option for you but thought i'd share my good experience of the Grant!!
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back