Grave stone adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Odd request I know.

Long story short. Our family white marble gravestone was dislodged about 18 months ago when landscaping contractors was using a mini digger to remove a stump behind it and moved it.
It now moves back and forth in the breeze.
Seeing it's been there 50 years without being disturbed until that Herbert belted it, is there anything anyone can think off I can use to set it back in place on its marble plinth.
I was going to rake abit if the old adhesive out and use some plastic Packers to stabilise it.
I have bought some adiseal (for a separate job) but wondered if I could use it to bond adhesive it together.
We approached him to fix it, which he brushed my parents off and in the second attempt agreed to get it fixed (with his mate being a stonemason) but hasn't and don't think he ever will. For the price of some bonding adhesive I'll just fix it before it gets worst.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Araldite. The granite lads use epoxy resin like Araldite to fill the gaps between granite bar topo sections and bond them together. Resins like Araldite can be coloured to match the stone by adding the pigments they use for epoxy gel coats in fibre glass work. There used to be a firm called Fibre Tech who did this sort of stuff, but the URL I have for them appears to be dead

What about using some chemical anchor resin?
The only downside to that is if the resin is seen - most of the resins I've used have a colour to them, so they don't look like stone - but they do go off really fast

Sponsored Links
I always thought the headstone was secured onto the plinth with cement?

Cheers for everyone's thoughts.

When J&K mentioned Epoxy resin, milliput jumped in my head but I believe the adhesion/bond isn't as great but as a modelling clay etc fine.
I'll look into the chemical anchor set. It's really brilliant white (after using wet and forget as 2 years ago it was full of algae)

I don't have a photo of the base but it does look to have some pigment/colour to the bonding agent that's it's sat on. The movement is only slight but at the top, I'd say a good 15/20mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back