gravy

Dellsmp
good thoughts ..

but in the real world ...
joe bloggs dont give a F**k :(

Sponsored Links
Yeah I know, but it doesn't stop the truth :)
I get a bit carried away when people cant be bothered to take more care of themselves, and fall for these money grabbing philistines called supermarkets. Just plain lazy.
It takes effort to shop and eat properly, but the rewards are huge.
:cool:

Sponsored Links
Moz said:
go get a packet of Bisto an bung that in the juices

Eurgh. :evil: Along with Oxo cubes these are the worst thing ever to happen to gravy, an absolute abomination.

The real way is to put your roasting dish on the stove with all the bits in, add more juices, perhaps from the vegetables or boiling water, salt, cornflour and gravy browning (optional). No cubes of Knorr or anything like that. They are full of rubbish and MSG.

I have banned Oxo and Bisto from my house, they are absolutely vile.

You can get a little bottle of concentrated beef stock made by Knorr; i have always been very suspicious of pre-prepared stuff like stock cubes, but I find this bottled stuff surprisingly good to add to the fat-and-flour, meat juices and vegetable water .

I also keep the gravy simmerinmg while I carve, and as well as the meat juices, lob in odd bits that I carve off the joint before straining into a hot jug.

They also make chicken and Vegetable stocks which I haven't used.

JohnD said:
You can get a little bottle of concentrated beef stock made by Knorr; i have always been very suspicious of pre-prepared stuff like stock cubes, but I find this bottled stuff surprisingly good to add to the fat-and-flour, meat juices and vegetable water .

I also keep the gravy simmerinmg while I carve, and as well as the meat juices, lob in odd bits that I carve off the joint before straining into a hot jug.

They also make chicken and Vegetable stocks which I haven't used.

You mean you actually cook the Sunday roast? :eek: :eek: :eek: I must tell hubby - he's forgotten how to do it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well my darling hubby did prepare the veg for me on Sunday :eek: :eek: :eek: . Then proceeded to tell me how to cook it and what time the meat should go in etc.....

I did offer to let him cook it all but he declined for some reason & every five minutes I was asked "Is dinner ready yet?" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have however informed him that this Sunday is Mother's day and I will not be cooking dinner. His reply? "No worries eldest is working and can eat there and me and nipper will go to McD's" - blardy charming.....

Call me terrible but i cook for my 3 kids and myself, and if he's hungry he knows where the food is. but he wont cook so lives on sandwiches :D Dont get me wrong i do cook for him sometimes though

why are my posts on racial attacks being taken down is the mod asian >>> am i being discriminated against is this racisim i am suffering

wake up mod i have said nothing that isnt being said on the news

i demand the same rights as the black people

Sponsored Links
Back