gravy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm making sunday roast,got people coming at 5.00 and just noticed my gravy salts(comptons) are as hard as rock :confused: has anyone got any ideas on how to soften them. Short of hitting them with a hammer i dont know what to do :(

Sponsored Links
mandiehun said:
i'm making sunday roast,got people coming at 5.00 and just noticed my gravy salts(comptons) are as hard as rock :confused: has anyone got any ideas on how to soften them. Short of hitting them with a hammer i dont know what to do :(

dont know what they are....like bouillion cubes?...dissolve in hot water...if not...dont know :confused:

you add them to the juices off the roast to make a gravy,they are meant to crumble but i havent wrapped them properly and they went rock hard

Sound's like the packet has got damp-try putting in the microwave to dry out-about 1 minute at a time till crumbly. hope it works nothing worse than lumpy gravy. :oops:

Sponsored Links
dont bother ..lol
go get a packet of Bisto an bung that in the juices ... an get into a few bottles of cooking sherry ... that way ....

hey ........................who cares wether its lumpy ..lol ;)

It worked :) but now my sisters cancelled and coming tmrw instead :evil: What a fuss about nothing,i could have just done good old bisto

moz's remedy

get down your local tesco express ,

buy three nice bottles of Ozzie white wine,med/dry ..an a nice box of chocs

go home crack open wine an eat chocs ....:)

if hubby/partner dont like that idea put him on an Ill have an online punch up with him for you ...lol ..lol..:) :) ;) ;)

crafty1289
I fully agree ...lol ;) ;)

but as tescos has brought out many small units thats where you WILL SHOP BY ORDER OF TESCOS PLC

Spar an Co-op dying business or so said them on "Working Lunch !", last friday before ..cannot compete :( an if you have club cards with tescos they no what are the leading sellers to put up those prices for max profit ..lol

Avoid all supermarkets! they are all thieving b!"£$%^s , they will take your money and feed you rubbish, laughing all the way to the bank. :evil:
Buy all your supplies locally, use small shops, have a veg box delivered, go to farmers markets, eat properly! learn to enjoy the art and craft of cooking, savour those lost flavours and best of all be healthy. join the slow food movement, go on make a change in your life :D

Yeah we'll spend all week going round all the local shops. Try and find the stuff we want from their limited supplies and pay more for it. The term "convenience store" has changed now. You can't get half the stuff from the local SPAR that you can from the local supermarkets.
If you can get a weeks shopping in about 90 mins (including traveling) then you ain't gonna bother trawling round local shops searching through fruit and veg that has well seen it's use by date.
It's a shame but it's true.

crafty1289
sorry mate can only say what the "Working Lunch" impartial lot said ,

I would think about jumping ship ..lol ??

being a tight bastard
let me give you my thoughts on co-op an small outlets ,

pakistani shop will kill you every time ..

tescos express 20p/25p dearer than you but they get the custom

I went in a co-op near Burnage an the staff .. couldnt give f**k ..:(

open all hours darkie indian lad across the road .. ,

he was nice as pie an falling over him self ..

for what I wanted ,
ok werent norm ... fuse wire ... all for 59p lol

btw this aint a co-op rant ..

I HAD been in a Tescos an fuse wire ..

they looked at me as serial killer an diststefully shook their collective polish worker heads til , lol..lol..lol

I got manager called an gave him a B*****king ..
told him ...
general store , weekend ...fuse goes .. lol its not rocket science ..lol ;) ;)

rant over .. sorry .. ...LOL..LOL...LOL..LOL :) ;

tell me your shop sells fuse wire .. lol ? :) :)

Sponsored Links
Back