Green Belt & New Builds

Sponsored Links
You ask assuming the system is broken.

It is all fine as far as those in charge are concerned. They are raking it in. They don't care about you.

Not thinking of me, but of others who need housing but cannot afford it.

Sponsored Links
It depends where they are buying. Near me they are building "affordable" homes, 2 bed flats £300k, then, depending what extras you want( kitchen/bathroom tiles, floor coverings, a parking space) the price rises, making it less "affordable". A lot of purchasers may be working for national companies, partners on minimum wage, so earnings pretty similar across the country, so some areas housing would be even more affordable.

It needs housing to be removed from investment opportunity.

Difficult since the UK has a very close relationship with home ownership....my home is my castle and all that.

I have no problem with home ownership. The houses are comparatively cheap to construct. I just object to the "value" attached to a postage stamp-sized piece of soil.

There's one a couple of miles where I live going for 700K......

I have no problem with home ownership. The houses are comparatively cheap to construct. I just object to the "value" attached to a postage stamp-sized piece of soil.
There's one a couple of miles where I live going for 700K......
It's called the market.

You can blame whoever you want but there is no answer.
Would you like everyone's property to be devalued by - 50%, 75%?

You could blame all the homeowners in London who sold their little terraced house for a million and moved to cheaper areas, bought a nicer house and have lots of money left over.
Without sellers there would be no buyers.

It's called the market.

You can blame whoever you want but there is no answer.
Would you like everyone's property to be devalued by - 50%, 75%?

You could blame all the homeowners in London who sold their little terraced house for a million and moved to cheaper areas, bought a nicer house and have lots of money left over.
Without sellers there would be no buyers.
Are you saying because the housing would be much more affordable, poorer people would move into the area and "devalue" the other houses in the area?

Never will be a solution. 10.6 percent of England is urban. Add in roads and the land left gets even less.
53 million in England. Too many people. Not even enough farm land to feed the people. And fuel? Lets not even go there..
And too many foreign bred slackers in the country.
Current factory farming and industrialised farming has already decimated the natural habitats of the country side with dozens of species gone extinct in the last 50 years..
And sewage from these urban cack holes? Councils just dump it down the rivers untreated when it suits them killing every thing in its path.
And a farmer will be fined thousands for the slightest drop of effluent that reaches a river.

Last edited:
Are you saying because the housing would be much more affordable, poorer people would move into the area and "devalue" the other houses in the area?
No, quite the opposite.

Well off sellers from London and south east moving to Devon etc. and forcing up prices beyond the locals reach - but then as I said it is also the sellers in Devon etc. who are taking advantage of it.

They are quite entitled to sell to a local for half what they could get but they don't seem to do that.

Sponsored Links
Back